Need Turtle Program

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Shade1337

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not quite sure this is the right forum section, but I was wondering if somebody could link me to or make me a turtle program that would mine a certain area. When I say this, it is hoping that somebody could show me a program that could have adjustable variables for the mining area, such as "Mine x y"
Also, I would kind of like a program that could just flatten an area. Any area, even if it's a hilly place. If some kind soul could show me one or both of these programs, I would be deeply grateful. It would make my FTB experience much more enjoyable, leaving the busywork to the turtles :D

P.S. Are turtles lava resistant? Like, would lava melt them, or could they completely submerge themselves in it and still mine.

NTaylor

Jul 29, 2019
TBH for mining unless you get a strip mining program from the computercraft forum excavate is pretty good and come built into the turtles.

For flattening an area it is relatively easy to write a simple program to mine a 1x3 tunnel then go over 1 and do that again in reverse with a variable tunnel length, and I would recommend you watch the direwolf20 computercraft tutorial videos which I will link to the first one of before because while using CC is fun it is quite more enjoyable if you code them yourself to do it.

Yes turtles are lava resistant they just go straight through it.

Watch them videos and you should learn most of what you need to do everything you ask yourself.

Shade1337

Jul 29, 2019
I've watched plenty of videos on Turtles, thank you. I just can't quite grasp the concept of the Lua. Thank you for your help, but for future reference, this is for clearing a building space, not digging holes. Once more, I didn't ask for a how-to, but rather I asked for a finished product of the program.
Also, thank you for answering my question about the lava.

Shade1337

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you, but I'm pretty sure that it isn't what I'm looking for...
Just to clarify, I need a program that could just mine a X times Y times Z space (times = 1x1 or 2x2, for example)
My brother showed me Guude's website that had a helpful flattening program, so I have no need for that! I think that's how you spell his username.

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
Your best bet is going to be asking over on the ComputerCraft forums, located here: http://www.computercraft.info/forums2/.

That aside, though, unless someone has the program you are requesting on hand, or they're feeling especially nice, you are likely going to be waiting a long while.

Good luck, as you will likely need it with your seeming inability to actually program a turtle, as no matter how well designed a program is, you're going to surely need modifications, which you will not be able to do on your own. So, again, good luck, as you will need it.

TheSandwichMakr

Jul 29, 2019
Here's a very basic program, there may be a few tpyos since I just wrote it and didn't test it. It starts in the top left corner and goes forward x, right y, and down z. Make sure it has plenty of fuel before it starts.
Code:
local args={...}
if  #args~=3 then print("Usage: command < x > < y > <z>") return end
local x=args[1]
local y=args[2]
local z=args[3]
local foo=true
for i=1,z do
  for j=1,x do
    for k=1,y do
      turtle.digDown()
      turtle.forward()
    end
    if foo and j=j<x then turtle.turnRight() turtle.forward() turtle.turnRight() foo=false
    elseif not foo and j<x then turtle.turnLeft() turtle.forward() turtle.turnLeft() foo=true
    end
  end
  if i<z then turtle.down() turtle.turnRight() turtle.turnRight() end
end

zaboodable

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you, but I'm pretty sure that it isn't what I'm looking for...
Just to clarify, I need a program that could just mine a X times Y times Z space (times = 1x1 or 2x2, for example)
My brother showed me Guude's website that had a helpful flattening program, so I have no need for that! I think that's how you spell his username.

I made a program that allow you to specify an area like that, it also lets you choose the direction in which to dig.
You can get it here http://pastebin.com/ACcRm2bm

In addition, if you need a program made, feel free to message me.