Need to perform surgery on a mod

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
I am trying to use enderIO, but I don't have anything that spawns copper ore. The website for enderIO says I can replace it with iron if that's the case, but apparently railcraft has its own copper I've never run into.

So, I would just like to rmtweak the recipe for the capacitor s or anything else that uses copper to just use iron instead.

I've never modded Minecraft, but I've modded other games. I can follow directions. I'm hoping this is something I can edit a config file to do...

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
Wait, there are config files here, I might be able to figure this out on my own.

Edit: or not... I think I found where to change it, just don't know what to change it to

Edit: nope. Dead end... Ugh! I hate computers.

Last edited:

MacAisling

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2013
Kearneysville, West Virginia
Railcraft's copper doesn't look like other copper in 1.10.2. It is more of a pale greenish color, and you are more likely to find the poor variants. The spread is also more concentrated in veins instead of being spread more uniformly. You may want to go through Railcraft's configs to see if you can get it to spawn more to your liking.

Or you could add Advanced Rocketry to your pack. That has copper.

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
I haven't see any of it, and my guess is that I installed this one after the orders, so it's not going to generate in any place I've been I was trying to avoid having to get it in the first place, but I guess I gotta sail to some new spot and set up a quarry.

I'd really rather edit the recipe to use iron, though. I'm not even using railcraft yet, so I'd uninstall it if I could, but the server won't load if I delete it.

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
Ugh. Probably for the best. Once I figure out how to edit these things, I'll never stop tweaking things. I'll man up and go find some copper.

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
I went off like 6km from my main area to find virgin territory. I'm finding all the poor tin and lead ores. NO copper. I don't understand it.

According to the wiki, copper should be siawning anywhere under 60. I'm down to the 30s. Nothing. This is driving me nuts. I don't even need a lot if it. If I have to I'll have to cheat it in or something.

Edit: there. Nipped in the bud. The wiki said it's supposed to be able to substitute iron for copper and it's not working, so I cheated in 3 stacks of copper, destroyed three stacks or iron, done deal.

Last edited: