Need some help with the new packs

Gamewolf

Jul 29, 2019
So I am going to try to keep it simple. Back in 1.4.7 I created a combination of ultimate and ampz and also made a server version of it which me and some friends played on, I really like all the tech mods while still having some basic magic mods and some other stuff that the combination of the packs provided. Then when 1.5.2 came out ultimate was discontinued so I switched over to a fusion of unleashed (which seemed alot like ultimate to me) and ampz + som other mods like the clone mod and the archimedes ship mod, however I never made a multiplayer version of it when I saw that in a newer version of archimedes they added passenger seats.

So when I checked back now I saw that modpacks for 1.6.4 have been released, but neither unleashed or ampz are 1.6.4 so I am wondering if I could combine some of the current modpacks to create about the same (if some smaller or more random mods are missing I don't mind). So anyone with some experience of the new packs who could advice me on which packs to use?

Kik

Jul 29, 2019
@Gamewolf - I'm currently doing the same thing you plan on doing. For me, the easiest way to go about this is to use the main FTB pack Spreadsheet, that Vikestep (Eyamaz?) updates. You can find it at https://feedthebeast.atlassian.net/wiki/display/PML/Public Modpack Listings

I like it cause it lists the individual mod versions for each of the FTB pack versions and since they've been using the universal config system you should be able to import individual mods from other FTB mod packs into the main one you choose to base your personalized pack on without much trouble.

For example, I'm just now combining 41 of the mods from FTB Monster, 3 from Magic Farm 2, 2 from Direwolf20, and one from Magic World 2. I'll let you know how well it works out ^_^.

Gamewolf

Jul 29, 2019
@Gamewolf - I'm currently doing the same thing you plan on doing. For me, the easiest way to go about this is to use the main FTB pack Spreadsheet, that Vikestep (Eyamaz?) updates. You can find it at https://feedthebeast.atlassian.net/wiki/display/PML/Public Modpack Listings

I like it cause it lists the individual mod versions for each of the FTB pack versions and since they've been using the universal config system you should be able to import individual mods from other FTB mod packs into the main one you choose to base your personalized pack on without much trouble.

For example, I'm just now combining 41 of the mods from FTB Monster, 3 from Magic Farm 2, 2 from Direwolf20, and one from Magic World 2. I'll let you know how well it works out ^_^.

Well that is kinda what i did the two times I have done it. Very effective way of doing it, what I am asking is for which packs that suits me based on what I said in the opening post. Monster seems fit to use instead of unleashed, but how about the mods from ampz? From what I can tell some of them are in it but I am not sure if it's missing some.

Kik

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry, I never played with ampz, but from what I heard from friends in the community, I get the impression that's more along the Tech World 2 Pack. I'm sure someone will come along and correct me if I'm wrong ^_^.

There are 7 public packs for MC 1.6.4 on the launcher now, Monster is the most comprehensive of the packs, kinda like Unleashed, which I heard Slowpoke is building his new FTB map with. I beleive Tech World 2 is the tech themed one, Magic World 2 themed as well but for magic, Horizons is a shake it up kinda pack they put together to showcase a bunch of new mods that were/are fairly recent or unknown. Direwolf20 pack is relatively unchanged from the other Minecraft versions, and FTBLite is for older computers and has a limited number of mods. Finally Magic Farm 2 is Jaded's baby with a focus on hunger/farming and personalized configs that fit her preferences/vision.

Last edited:

Gamewolf

Jul 29, 2019
Ok so i have been messing around a little with monster in a creative world and agree that it seem to be a very good substitute for ultimate/unleashed, it even brings some new cool stuff like the advanced genetics mod. But it is missing the mods from the ampz pack like for example the atomics stuff (fission and fusion reactor) the turrets, the missiles and galacticraft (these are the ones i noticed, it is probably missing some more). so if anyone know if any pack got those mods in it I would appreciate you telling me. I will have to add some mods like the power converter, clone mod (mypeople I think it's called), archimedes ship and some other stuff, but it would be nice to get those ampz mods in there quickly.