need some help with some railcraft related stuff

tigar tar

Jul 29, 2019
So i started trying out railcraft's locomotives finally and was wondering how do you make a proper drop off station be it for items or liquids one that stops the whole trail(on the locomotive side) until every tank or chest cart is empty and then lets it go as i cant seem to get one to work :/

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
Holding Track or Boarding track on top of your Item/Liquid/Energy Unloader, set the move setting (middle button) to All.

tigar tar

Jul 29, 2019
so for liquid im guessing its empty? as its empty immediate and manual and they are for the redstone signal as im trying to see if i can set it up in such a way that it can unload 5 tank carts in 1 go(from 5 liquid unloaders) yet pause the locomotive or even just the unloading all at once

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
so for liquid im guessing its empty? as its empty immediate and manual and they are for the redstone signal as im trying to see if i can set it up in such a way that it can unload 5 tank carts in 1 go(from 5 liquid unloaders) yet pause the locomotive or even just the unloading all at once

Liquid Loaders/Unloaders will send out a redstone signal when it has met the tasks involving the cart.
Edit: I recommend reading this http://wiki.feed-the-beast.com/Liquid_Unloader

tigar tar

Jul 29, 2019
well considering that liquid unloaders are now different from the way its explained on there to the point where there is only 1 button which cycles through empty(hold cart until emty) immediate(emit redstone if no liquid was moved) and manual(never emit redstone signal)
Capture.JPG

so i think that might need to be updated

but what im stuck at is that im trying to get the train(locomotive anchor cart and 5 tank carts in that order) to drive onto the unloaders completely and then stopping(the locomotive gets stopped) and all 5 tank carts are on the loaders(doesnt happen due to them shifting backwards) and that once they are all empty the locomotive goes on again yet if i try to use any track that would capture the carts the first tank cart gets stuck on the first track until its empty kinda defeating the point of having more then 1 unloader

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
Nope. They haven't changed a bit. I wrote that 5 days ago. What version are you using? Also, why do you need a locomotive?

tigar tar

Jul 29, 2019
hmm well guess in 1.6 its that way then :/ well still on unleashed 1.1.4 and its a train that goes to a 2000 block away oil field biome and i wanted to use locomotives for that compared to my usual ender tanks and such

plus the main reason i use locomotives is for the routing as the track goes past my farms and quarries

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
I haven't used any tech mods for 1.6. That was written for 7.3.0.0 Railcraft.

Anyways, you could just use some booster tracks, I use one every five or six blocks and you go an insane speed.

tigar tar

Jul 29, 2019
which is the one im using as well

well routing would be more annoying without locomotives though hence why im trying to think of a way to have the locomotive be the one which gets stopped until all 5 tank carts are empty without the first tank cart getting stuck while it rides onto the unloaders

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
which is the one im using as well

well routing would be more annoying without locomotives though hence why im trying to think of a way to have the locomotive be the one which gets stopped until all 5 tank carts are empty without the first tank cart getting stuck while it rides onto the unloaders

You don't need routing for this. Just have the carts go to the unloader, have it wait until it is full (16 buckets), then send it over to your base and back.

tigar tar

Jul 29, 2019
well see the thing is what im trying to make is a train station atm so routing is really needed as there will be a lot of trains going in and out at any given time and i dont mean like 10 i mean more so im trying to come up with a layout that would load and unload liquids and items from the whole train as in all 5 tank carts or chests carts at once not 1 cart at a time as i dont think its possible atm to make it so that you can lockdown the locomotive and have the rest of the carts unload and then once they are empty the locomotive gets let go so now i gotta try find a way that would make it drive to the end of its platform as it where and then unload instead of at the first unloader that has any kind of rail on it to lock the cart in place

Lathanael

Jul 29, 2019
well see the thing is what im trying to make is a train station atm so routing is really needed as there will be a lot of trains going in and out at any given time and i dont mean like 10 i mean more so im trying to come up with a layout that would load and unload liquids and items from the whole train as in all 5 tank carts or chests carts at once not 1 cart at a time as i dont think its possible atm to make it so that you can lockdown the locomotive and have the rest of the carts unload and then once they are empty the locomotive gets let go so now i gotta try find a way that would make it drive to the end of its platform as it where and then unload instead of at the first unloader that has any kind of rail on it to lock the cart in place
It should be possible with a lockdown track and some redstone magic. It won't be easy but it is doable.

tigar tar

Jul 29, 2019
hmm its what i have been trying to figure out of how to do as it would do wonders to the capacity of my train station i just dont know how to properly lay it out hence why i figured id ask(given i prob wasnt that clear)

Billa2720

Jul 29, 2019
I have been considering doing something like that but I have not gotten around to setting it up.
I think you would need to use Build Craft gates, Computer Craft, or another mod with logic gates to set up multiple loader/ unload.
Use plain track over the load/unload blocks with an and gate connected to the hold track the locomotive sits on.
With BC you have 4 colors of pipe wire so you can do 4 easy, or more with some creative wiring. Computer Craft would allow 16 with a simple if/and loop.

Billa2720

Jul 29, 2019
Tested in creative with a loco, anchor, 4 tank carts and diamond and gates. I had to use some spacing with the load/unload blocks due to the spacing of the linked carts. Since I just hooked Void waterproof pipes to the unloads, I just put the gates next them and sent a different pipe signal for each one detecting when there is liquid in the tank. That made it easy to check each was unloading. On further thought you can probably just use iron gates detecting if the unload has work turning on a red pipe. That way they all have to be finished before the red pipe goes low, and you can setup as many as you want. At the train lockdown set the gate to emit a redstone signal when the redpipe is off.