Need some help with Multimc 5 sound issue.

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Molten

Jul 29, 2019
I have used the mods folder and configs from the FTB DW20 1.6.4 pack and migrated them to Multimc5.
The game runs fine with one exception. No game sounds !

Since the changes Mojang made to launching I have no idea where the game sound files are located or how they work anymore. (gone are the days of deleting resources folder and letting it re'download. ;)
If anyone can help me get game sounds back I would be very gratefull. I'm sure there are many of you out there running 1.6.4 FTB packs on Multimc with no sound issues.

The issue is likely something simple, such as me failing to migrate over a file or folder that is needed.
I have little experience in this area.

Any thoughts ?

Greevir

Jul 29, 2019
Is this the only instance you have in MultiMC 5 or did you have a previous one? It seems that there has been issues with downloading assets from Mojang. The sound files are located within the minecraft.jar. When using MultiMC this is located MultiMC/versions/1.6.4.jar In there, go to /assets. There should be some music, records, sound, sounds folders in there. If not, MultiMC is having issues downloading them from Mojang.

Reactions: Molten

Sphinx2k

Jul 29, 2019
So i got it done.
Go in the MultiMC IRC Channel
http://webchat.esper.net/?nick=&channels=MultiMC
The Channel description contains the newest download links for multimc. (i had to try the download several times till i got the file, bevor allways an error with a google page) With the new Version the Game automaticly downloads the assets from mojang.

Reactions: Molten

Molten

Jul 29, 2019
Oh you bloody wonderfull people.

One person identifies the issue. The second comes up with a solution and link.
This had me pulling my hair out for 24 hours. Thx very much guys. I haz game sounds :)