Need some help fixing a glitched map.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
I was in the process of making a map, and using a command block to get player heads for decoration. Stupid me used a pressure plate to activate the command block, and after removing one ID but before putting in another, the cat (real one) bumped my elbow and the command block tried to 'give' me the Head With No Name. This caused a crash. I know this is what caused the crash, but I can get logs if it's really necessary.

Since then, I have tried removing the command block with MCEdit, removing my player.dat (in case the Nameless One was in my inventory or something), and switching my level.dat with my level.dat_old (although the multiple attempts have probably made that pointless.)

If someone can tell me how to keep it from trying to create this entity, I would be grateful. Failing that, at this point, I'm willing to settle for just saving the contents of the chest of (named, non-glitched) heads that I'd generated before the accident.

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
in single player the game uses level.dat to look store the inventory. However it also saves it to the correct player.dat file. The reason swapping the level.dat with level.dat_old didn't work is because it probably has the same inventory stored.

There are multiple tools to edit an players inventory, I think mcedit can do it as well. Another thing you can do is start a local server and copy the world to that. If you then delete the player.dat file you can at least work that way. (as the server uses the player.dat files rather then the level.dat file).

I would like the crashlog as I would be kind of surprised its the head that corrupts the game as what you describe seems like something that would happen a lot I would expect some safeguards on it.

Reactions: bocrangsuthammy

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
// Everything's going to plan. No, really, that was supposed to happen.

Time: 7/23/16 6:46 PM
Description: Loading entity NBT

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Name and ID cannot both be blank
at com.mojang.authlib.GameProfile.<init>(GameProfile.java:25)
at aez.a(SourceFile:134)
at adz.c(SourceFile:184)
at adz.a(SourceFile:116)
at zr.b(SourceFile:459)
at zs.a(SourceFile:792)
at lu.a(SourceFile:170)
at rw.f(SourceFile:1433)
at mp.a(SourceFile:289)
at mp.a(SourceFile:118)
at mg.b(SourceFile:116)
at mg.E_(SourceFile:62)
at eo.a(SourceFile:232)
at md.c(SourceFile:187)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.D(SourceFile:644)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.C(SourceFile:554)
at bzl.C(SourceFile:155)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(SourceFile:458)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

A detailed walkthrough of the error, its code path and all known details is as follows:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- Head --
Thread: Server thread
Stacktrace:
at com.mojang.authlib.GameProfile.<init>(GameProfile.java:25)
at aez.a(SourceFile:134)
at adz.c(SourceFile:184)
at adz.a(SourceFile:116)
at zr.b(SourceFile:459)
at zs.a(SourceFile:792)
at lu.a(SourceFile:170)

-- Entity being loaded --
Details:
Entity Type: null (lu)
Entity ID: 1
Entity Name: Angelcupcakes777
Entity's Exact location: -0.51, 5.00, 20.16
Entity's Block location: World: (-1,5,20), Chunk: (at 15,0,4 in -1,1; contains blocks -16,0,16 to -1,255,31), Region: (-1,0; contains chunks -32,0 to -1,31, blocks -512,0,0 to -1,255,511)
Entity's Momentum: 0.00, -0.08, 0.00
Entity's Passengers: []
Entity's Vehicle: ~~ERROR~~ NullPointerException: null
Stacktrace:
at rw.f(SourceFile:1433)
at mp.a(SourceFile:289)
at mp.a(SourceFile:118)
at mg.b(SourceFile:116)
at mg.E_(SourceFile:62)
at eo.a(SourceFile:232)

-- Ticking connection --
Details:
Connection: eo@4af138cc
Stacktrace:
at md.c(SourceFile:187)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.D(SourceFile:644)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.C(SourceFile:554)
at bzl.C(SourceFile:155)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(SourceFile:458)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

-- System Details --
Details:
Minecraft Version: 1.10
Operating System: Windows 7 (amd64) version 6.1
Java Version: 1.8.0_66, Oracle Corporation
Java VM Version: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (mixed mode), Oracle Corporation
Memory: 103272568 bytes (98 MB) / 221761536 bytes (211 MB) up to 1060372480 bytes (1011 MB)
JVM Flags: 6 total; -XX:HeapDumpPath=MojangTricksIntelDriversForPerformance_javaw.exe_minecraft.exe.heapdump -Xmx1G -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+CMSIncrementalMode -XX:-UseAdaptiveSizePolicy -Xmn128M
IntCache: cache: 0, tcache: 0, allocated: 0, tallocated: 0
Profiler Position: N/A (disabled)
Player Count: 0 / 8; []
Type: Integrated Server (map_client.txt)
Is Modded: Probably not. Jar signature remains and both client + server brands are untouched.

The 'Name and ID cannot both be blank' corresponds a little too tightly to the circumstances of the crash to really point to anything else.

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
I looked around a bit and the only source I could find of this crash is some specific server stuff and a case where the /give command was messed with by a plugin causing the command to break. Again, I doubt it is the skull at its own that is causing the issue due to this problem popping up a lot more if it would.

Possible fix stays the same, edit your inventory with one of the tools designed for that or mcedit.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Thanks - I'm reading up on NBTExplorer, which seems to be recommended for that sort of thing.