need simple but hard to find help

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

mikemartinco

Jul 29, 2019
my friends and i having been running a server for a week now but we keep getting lost and want to put signs up that you can see anywhere in the world. ive seen some youtube vids of people lableing their home and can be seen from far away.

how can we do it? looks similar to the last death label that can bee seen anywhere.....

ss_46.jpg

Malkuth

Jul 29, 2019
The label system is from The Map system in the game.. Not sure if thats what you mean.. But push M and you can set your own waypoints..

But its client side only.. So Im thinking this is not what your talking about... The death thing is from the same map system.. You can shut it off in the same menu you go to when you push m.

plzent3r

Jul 29, 2019
Press B and a menu for setting a waypoint should pop up. From there it should be fairly obvious what to do.

plzent3r

Jul 29, 2019
The waypoints have a beacon functionality built in so that is probably what you mean. If not, Im not quite sure.

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
The visuals cannot be seen by everybody, sadly.
Only the owner of the waypoint may see it.
You could put a beacon on an iron block.
A bit expensive, but nevertheless it is the only solution I can think of right now.

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019
For modded minecraft, you can build vanilla beacons out of Thaumcraft building blocks. Far cheaper than even iron blocks.

plzent3r

Jul 29, 2019
Do note that for a beacon to emit the beam you need at least a 3x3 of iron, gold, diamond, emerald, or thaumcraft arcane wood/stone under the beacon. The beacon should rest directly in the middle.