Need Oil? (FTB Unstable Spawn)

Unata

Jul 29, 2019
Thought this was a crazy spawn for this pack since aren't really any large fluid storage mods in it yet, put lordy what does one do with all that oil?

2016-02-22_11.03.01.png

DREVL

Jul 10, 2013
You can't do anything with it. Can't pump it, can't refine it, can't use it. Makes for awesome scenery though...

DREVL

Jul 10, 2013
Why not? It's Buildcraft Oil. I can't imagine them having put it in if it wasn't usable.
Maybe still in alpha development. I could bucket oil, but the pump wouldn't recognize it, the refinery didn't recognize it... Much like Pneumaticcraft, the world gen is there first and then the rest of the stuff follows.

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
It's better to have worldgen first so people don't have to reset their world every week when it gets updated. Especially for stuff like oil. Ores can be retrogenned, but an oil well retrogenning could break things.

Reactions: KingTriaxx

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
It's better to have worldgen first so people don't have to reset their world every week when it gets updated. Especially for stuff like oil. Ores can be retrogenned, but an oil well retrogenning could break things.

This is probably the main reason I've not moved to Unstable. It is what it says on the label: Unstable. The chances of a world breaking update is a when not an if statement. I know the Devs are trying to get out in front on things like this, but it's a near certainty that any progress you make will be wiped away at some point.

Once things settle down a bit (and another pack is made and stable) I reserve the right to change my tune, but till then I'll let the rest of you iron out the bumps. Maybe if I get an influx of free time (hey, miracles happen, right?) I'll load up a world and fiddle, but I'm not holding my breath.

That is an assload of oil though...

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
This is probably the main reason I've not moved to Unstable. It is what it says on the label: Unstable. The chances of a world breaking update is a when not an if statement. I know the Devs are trying to get out in front on things like this, but it's a near certainty that any progress you make will be wiped away at some point.

Once things settle down a bit (and another pack is made and stable) I reserve the right to change my tune, but till then I'll let the rest of you iron out the bumps. Maybe if I get an influx of free time (hey, miracles happen, right?) I'll load up a world and fiddle, but I'm not holding my breath.

That is an assload of oil though...
The unstable pack is meant to be unstable. That isn't for everyone and they understand that. They make it very clear that it isn't treeted as a proper pack and is just for testing. The point of which is if FTB wants to add a new worldgen mod to it, they can feel free to without pissing off the fanbase. Players of unstable know what they're getting into and are clearly fine with it. If it's not your thing it's not your thing. Nothing wrong with that.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Unstable is something like Super Forgecraft, or a Bethesda release. Bug fix by zerg rush if you will. Get it out there, and let people find the bugs, because the more people report and turn up mod errors, the more potential information is gathered to actually fix them. That's the idea anyway.

Reactions: goreae

RealKC

Popular Member
Dec 6, 2015
King of the Hill
Unstable is something like Stable Forgecraft, or a Bethesda release. Bug fix by zerg rush if you will. Get it out there, and let people find the bugs, because the more people report and turn up mod errors, the more potential information is gathered to actually fix them. That's the idea anyway.

Most of the time Forgecraft gets very unstable mods, too unstable to he released.
Unstable has mods that are stable enough to be released