Need Help with RotaryCraft steel

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Bahahahahahahahhahaahaaaaaaaa... didn't notice the op date XD

I've made a automated, geared, clutched, infinitely magnetized AC-engine powered Extractor setup, I promise you, I'm aware that RC requires it's own steel.
Trust me, it's hard sometimes to realize that we're posting in a dead thread until one checks the time stamps on every post in it.

Reactions: Not_Steve

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
GT ISN'T IN MONSTER, TRY THINKING BEFORE REPLYING.
Just...
You DO know people add mods to packs all the time, right?
Also
You know...FTB don't support Greg Tech, so good luck with your issues.
OFFICIAL does not support, it does not mean people cannot ask questions pertaining to GT to the community

EDIT: slightly offtopic, but ERMAHGERD THIS IS MUH 500th LIKED POST

Last edited:

Zizzy

Jul 29, 2019
Since no one seems to know what they are talking about....This problem exists in Monster 1.1.1
I found the unification.cfg file in gregtech look for ingotSteel_false=false and change it to true under the rotarycraft { } section. You can experiment with it a bit because there is also a ingotHSLA_false=false. I don't understand why so many people makes posts about 0 resolution to what the issue is and instead goes on blabbling about random crap. If you don't know the answer don't even reply.

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
Since no one seems to know what they are talking about....This problem exists in Monster 1.1.1
I found the unification.cfg file in gregtech look for ingotSteel_false=false and change it to true under the rotarycraft { } section. You can experiment with it a bit because there is also a ingotHSLA_false=false. I don't understand why so many people makes posts about 0 resolution to what the issue is and instead goes on blabbling about random crap. If you don't know the answer don't even reply.
image.jpg

Also threads deviate, that is nothing new. Some people may not know the answer, but they may have an idea or contribute to the current discussion.

Reactions: YX33A

Zizzy

Jul 29, 2019
I would also like to add another way for those who are also experiencing this problem. To stop gregtech from converting anything check out the gregtech.cfg file and change these lines under general { } to:
B:CraftingUnification=false
B:InventoryUnification=false

SonOfAnEnderDragon

Jul 29, 2019
By default, HSLA steel should not be oredict compatible with other mods' steel. So check both RotaryCraft's and GT's config.

I'm not sure about GT but for RotaryCraft, there is an entry where you can make it so that RotaryCraft's recipe can use other mods' steel.

Sent from my GT-N8020 using Tapatalk

I don't think there is, all it has is a setting for using RotaryCraft steel, in OTHER mods recipes.

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

HiImWally

Jul 29, 2019
Steel Can be made by Rail-craft or Just use Rotary Craft they both have a Blast Furnace Make One Requires Allot of Iron

ax1m

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry about digging this up after so long, but I ran into the same problem and figured out a workaround for it. If you just turn off the "Allow RC steel for other mods" config option in RotaryCraft.cfg, it will not be registered as an ingotSteel in the OreDic, and therefore won't be unified by Gregtech.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Sorry about digging this up after so long, but I ran into the same problem and figured out a workaround for it. If you just turn off the "Allow RC steel for other mods" config option in RotaryCraft.cfg, it will not be registered as an ingotSteel in the OreDic, and therefore won't be unified by Gregtech.
Both I and others said that earlier.