Need Help with RotaryCraft steel

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

yumilong

Jul 29, 2019
In Monster 1.03, when I try to create some HSLA steels, they will automatically be converted to Gregtech steels as soon as I pick them up. I can't make any Rotarycraft machines at the moment. Any help?
By the way, it works fine in Monster 1.02.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
The steel should be OreDict compatible to use for any Rotary recipe or any other recipe that uses any kind of steel. If they're not it's on Greg's end.

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
By default, HSLA steel should not be oredict compatible with other mods' steel. So check both RotaryCraft's and GT's config.

I'm not sure about GT but for RotaryCraft, there is an entry where you can make it so that RotaryCraft's recipe can use other mods' steel.

Sent from my GT-N8020 using Tapatalk

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
By default, HSLA steel should not be oredict compatible with other mods' steel. So check both RotaryCraft's and GT's config.

I'm not sure about GT but for RotaryCraft, there is an entry where you can make it so that RotaryCraft's recipe can use other mods' steel.

Sent from my GT-N8020 using Tapatalk

In Monster, by default, they are. Gregtech I believe also attempts to register as well.

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
In Monster, by default, they are. Gregtech I believe also attempts to register as well.
If the HSLA steel is oredict compatible with other steel, shouldn't the config for RotaryCraft's recipe also changed to accept other forms of steel?

Reactions: wildc4rd

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
If the HSLA steel is oredict compatible with other steel, shouldn't the config for RotaryCraft's recipe also changed to accept other forms of steel?
It shouldn't need to be. If forge says HSLA steel = GT steel and a recipe calls HSLA steel, GT steel will work.

Maverwinn

Jul 29, 2019
I believe the problem with this isn't with either gregtech or rotatorycraft. I was looking through the configs of the monster pack (v1.0.4) the other night as I had added a few mods, and I noticed one config had a line that told HLSA steel ingots to oredict with steel, and it wasn't in the gregtech or reika files. This has the unintended side effect of HLSA == steel but steel =/= HLSA.

On a side note, if you wish to disable the gregtech unification of HLSA steel only, the is a config option in the dynamic configs gregtech produces (which also unifies the six fluorite colours from reactor craft into one funnily enough).

Hope this helps you :)

Nascarampman

Jul 29, 2019
Where abouts can you disable the unification of the HLSA steel? There also is a GT HSLA Steel that is completely different... It is not compatible in recipes that need RC HSLA Steel, which is hard to tell the difference between in the config.
Also, in the config of RC, it says, "allow Rotary Steel to be used in other mods?" there is no config allowing other mods' steel to be used. I have been trying everything the last hour and can not get anything in the config files to work. :confused:

Last edited:

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Where abouts can you disable the unification of the HLSA steel? There also is a GT HSLA Steel that is completely different... It is not compatible in recipes that need RC HSLA Steel, which is hard to tell the difference between in the config.
Also, in the config of RC, it says, "allow Rotary Steel to be used in other mods?" there is no config allowing other mods' steel to be used. I have been trying everything the last hour and can not get anything in the config files to work. :confused:

I doubt there is a way as @Reika probably prefers only his mods method of still be used for his mod so his recipes don't call ingotSteel they probably call his HLSA steel specifically. I could be wrong though. Never tried using other steels in the recipes for Rotary.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
My steel is the only kind of steel that can be used in my machines - Hoff is right in that my recipes are hardcoded. Normally, RC steel is also not usable as other mods' steel, but there is a config to allow this. It does not work in reverse. I added it because my steel is rather cheaper than RailCraft steel, and some packs only otherwise have RailCraft as a source of steel, making things like TiC steel tools and ExtraUtilities drums far too expensive.

Reactions: Hoff

kilteroff

Jul 29, 2019
Well um, A: GT isn't in Monster, so..
Secondly: you're using a version of the pack that's 7 versions out of date, so..
Last: You have to use RC's crafting table if you wanna play with RC. Specifically because of oredict nonsense the only way to make hsla tools is in the worktable(bench, whatever it is).

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Well um, A: GT isn't in Monster, so..
Secondly: you're using a version of the pack that's 7 versions out of date, so..
Last: You have to use RC's crafting table if you wanna play with RC. Specifically because of oredict nonsense the only way to make hsla tools is in the worktable(bench, whatever it is).
Catch22: RotaryCraft's Crafting Table Thingy needs HSLA Steel to craft, and if you can't get it to stay as HSLA Steel...

kilteroff

Jul 29, 2019
Remove HSLA from RC Blast Furnace, use. What is the problem?[DOUBLEPOST=1395520544][/DOUBLEPOST]If the op is struggling with literally the first step of RC it might not be the mod for them.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Remove HSLA from RC Blast Furnace, use. What is the problem?[DOUBLEPOST=1395520544][/DOUBLEPOST]If the op is struggling with literally the first step of RC it might not be the mod for them.
*Facepalm*

The HSLA Steel is turning into GT Steel, as stated in the OP, which as a reminder, doesn't work for anything in RotaryCraft.

Seriously, try to read the thread a bit more before posting.

kilteroff

Jul 29, 2019
Ok obviously this needs to be spelled out. Whether it's GT or RC is irrelevant.

1: he's 7 versions back so who gives a shit.
2: the RC blast furnace is not tricky or complicated, if he were actually using it this thread wouldn't exist, but he's trying to cheat, obviously.
3: hurr durr x steel doesn't werk in y application :( no fucking shit: you also can't power Macerators with Clockwork Engines.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Ok obviously this needs to be spelled out. Whether it's GT or RC is irrelevant.

1: he's 7 versions back so who gives a shit.
2: the RC blast furnace is not tricky or complicated, if he were actually using it this thread wouldn't exist, but he's trying to cheat, obviously.
3: hurr durr x steel doesn't werk in y application :( no fucking shit: you also can't power Macerators with Clockwork Engines.
OK, so lets see here...
  1. Yes, he is 7 versions back. Gee, maybe that's what doesn't actually matter?
  2. Indeed, the RC Blast Furnace is VERY simple, after all the OP has used it to craft his HSLS Steel yet GT in his version is being a dipshit
  3. hurr durr I can't use a ore dictionary version of a item in a recipe that calls for a specific kind. Well no shit, but apparently you wouldn't have caught that HSLA Steel in all RC Recipes calls for HSLA Steel specficially and will not work with anything else.
The real issue? The OP was posted on January 7th and it's March 22rd, and he hasn't replied since. Blame @Nascarampman for bumping this dead thread.

kilteroff

Jul 29, 2019
OK, so lets see here...
  1. Yes, he is 7 versions back. Gee, maybe that's what doesn't actually matter?
  2. Indeed, the RC Blast Furnace is VERY simple, after all the OP has used it to craft his HSLS Steel yet GT in his version is being a dipshit
  3. hurr durr I can't use a ore dictionary version of a item in a recipe that calls for a specific kind. Well no shit, but apparently you wouldn't have caught that HSLA Steel in all RC Recipes calls for HSLA Steel specficially and will not work with anything else.
The real issue? The OP was posted on January 7th and it's March 22rd, and he hasn't replied since. Blame @Nascarampman for bumping this dead thread.

Bahahahahahahahhahaahaaaaaaaa... didn't notice the op date XD

I've made a automated, geared, clutched, infinitely magnetized AC-engine powered Extractor setup, I promise you, I'm aware that RC requires it's own steel.