Need help with friends not being able to connect to my server

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.
P

Pb3_

I can connect locally but my friends cant connect to my server from there internet. I add another server to try to connect to my server my putting in my public ip but it says it cant connect. My desktop is hosting the server and im also running the client to join the server on the same desktop

** I called my local internet provider to get my public Ip address. They gave me two different ip addresses which i dont know what one of them ties to but one of them matches whatsmyip. They also said my public ip changes and that its dynamic?? dont know if thats normal or what. I ran my same server a while ago and i finally got my friends to join but then we stopped playing for awhile and now 6 months later im trying to play again and i have changed nothing from the past and im still not having luck with friends joining

**Edit - Called my provider again today and they said that when there is an outage that happens or you restart your modem my ip address changes.. What you are trying to do with your minecraft port might work for a year and then just stop. They recommend me getting my own router since there is not a whole lot they can do?? I have the modem router combo from my provider.. There still should be a way for me to make this work....

I port forward my local ip address with 25565
I have disabled windows defender
I have enabled all java binary in my firewall to public

My server properties
#Minecraft server properties
#Thu May 23 01:00:45 CDT 2019
generator-settings=
op-permission-level=4
allow-nether=true
level-name=world
enable-query=false
allow-flight=True
announce-player-achievements=true
server-port=25565
query.port=25565
level-type=DEFAULT
enable-rcon=false
force-gamemode=false
level-seed=
server-ip=
max-build-height=256
spawn-npcs=true
debug=false
white-list=false
spawn-animals=true
hardcore=false
snooper-enabled=true
online-mode=true
resource-pack=
pvp=true
difficulty=3
enable-command-block=false
gamemode=0
player-idle-timeout=0
max-players=20
spawn-monsters=true
generate-structures=true
view-distance=10
spawn-protection=16
motd=A Minecraft Server

Last edited:

grandrolf

Global moderator
Team Member
Global Moderator
Trusted User
Aug 29, 2014
sweden
As long as your public IP is the one that is actually "yours", and your ISP isn't using NAT - then this would work, and if you're IP address changes, just give the new address to your friends (or sort this out with dns/dyndns sort of thing - google it).

I port forward my local ip address with 25565
That portforward should be in that router combo you mention, and as you say - point to your local IP address that your machine has.

I have disabled windows defender
That's your computers antivirus - you should not disable that, windows defender will not cause any issues for you running a server. (unless changed anything from defaults)

I have enabled all java binary in my firewall to public
Not really sure that will sort it out. Try opening for the port 25565 instead of allowing java.

Either via the gui, or start PowerShell on your computer as administrator and run this line:
New-NetFirewallRule -DisplayName "Allow 25565 for Minecraft Server" -Direction Inbound -Action Allow -Profile Any -LocalPort 25565 -Protocol TCP
upload_2019-6-1_20-20-37.png