Need help with Empty Drums

RuneImagiro

Jul 29, 2019
is there a way to designate that a drum only be used for a single type of liquid, even when it's empty?

TheCupcakeisaLie

Jul 29, 2019
What are you using to pipe into the drums? If your using fluiducts use a whitlisted servo. AFAIK drums don't have that capability. Yet.

Sent from my RM-917_nam_usa_100 using Tapatalk

RuneImagiro

Jul 29, 2019
I am currently using Ender IO Fluid Conduits. I have multiple types of liquids that I want to be able to pump into a Vat from their respective locations. I also want to be able to pump the remaining liquids out of said vat and back into their respective drums, all with the flick of a switch.
theproblemwithdrums.jpg

The retaining drums are on top. The returning drums are on the bottom and are pumping whatever they receive back into the appropriate drum on top. The problem arises when I turn the pipe on and begin pumping. A lot of efficiency is lost to the empty drums on the bottom, and it takes much longer to fill the vat as a result. I believe I have experimented enough to know that fluiducts are not compatible with the mariculture vat... though I may be wrong.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Not as far as I know.
...We need a Better Barrel for liquids! Why isn't that in JABBA?
In any case, I know of only one way to select what fluid is allowed into a tank and have it be always only using that fluid. The liquiduct whitelist is new to me, but I suggest Extra Cells. It adds AE support for fluids, this one can quite easily tell your AE Network to only store X fluid in Y tank. Or Y Fluid Cell, if you're cool like that.

RuneImagiro

Jul 29, 2019
Problem Solved!

Turns out this was an issue of how I was approaching it. I designed the entire system around the knowledge that the Ender IO Fluid conduits worked with gravity (ie, required pressure), and was unaware of the Pressurized Fluid Conduits. This completely removed the need for the bottom retainer row of barrels. As long as the barrels are never completely empty, now they just sort themselves!
problemsolved.jpg

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
You can give TE3's fluiducts a try? I do believe there is a white listing configuration for it so you can make certain pipes allow only certain fluids in.

And doesn't Ender IO's pipes have the same option? I vaguely remember a spotlight I've seen ages ago that you only need to right click the section of the pipe with a filled bucket? Or does that make the whole pipeline only accepts one kind of fluid?

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
You can give TE3's fluiducts a try? I do believe there is a white listing configuration for it so you can make certain pipes allow only certain fluids in.

And doesn't Ender IO's pipes have the same option? I vaguely remember a spotlight I've seen ages ago that you only need to right click the section of the pipe with a filled bucket? Or does that make the whole pipeline only accepts one kind of fluid?
They do, but honestly EIO conduits are useless unless you're trying to make something more compact. You can't prevent two from intersecting as far as I know, other than place them in the same block.

RuneImagiro

Jul 29, 2019
I did try segmenting sections of the IO pipe to accept only certain types of liquids, but indeed that will make the entire pipeline closed except for the one liquid type.

I actually really like the look of the Ender IO Pressurized fluid conducts, they're sleek!

RuneImagiro

Jul 29, 2019
I did also learn that Ender IO fluid Conducts and regular ol' Fuiducts are compatible, so that would have been another way to try to solve this.