Need Help with Biomes'O Plenty on Hosted Server

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Typh39

Jul 29, 2019
Since I am apparently unable to post on the support site due to some "500 System error" I have no choice but to post this here, any help will be appreciated, and I apologize for not posting this properly due to things I have no control over.

"Since the Host's support failed to assist, the directed me to the FTB forums. (Clanforge at Multiplay Servers)

I am looking to enable Biomes o'Plenty on this server. I enabled it on my client, and in the server properties I had changed the world to "BIOMESOP"

Keep in mind I use FTB Unleased 1.1.7. The server is set to this as well.

What happens, the blocks are able to be held and placed, but as soon as they are placed, they disappear and the worlds are not generating Biomes OP.

What must I do?"

Typh39

Jul 29, 2019
The Server log? Where would I find such a thing?

is it called "MinecraftLog"? or simply "server"

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
Sounds to me like Biomes O Plenty isn't enabled server side. IIRC, it defaults to disabled as most big biome/world gen altering mods do.[DOUBLEPOST=1408765622][/DOUBLEPOST]To add on to this, your host's support system really sucks if they can't help you with something this simple.

Typh39

Jul 29, 2019
It is the issue, sadly and I have no diea how to enable it server side as it is Hosted by Multiplayservers.

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
If you have FTP access to your server, you should be able to find the mods list in there.

Using Filezilla (an FTP program) look for this:

BoPjar_zpsd303cbbe.jpg

*BiomesOplenty jar file, not dissabled)

Check to see if the BiomesOPlenty-universal-(version number) mod has been disabled or not.
If it is disabled (you can tell because at the end of the jar name it will have .disabled on it) stop your server, rename it to not have the .disabled at the end, then restart your server.
If it doesn't have the jar file there at all, well.. download the file (and configs) and upload those to the appropriate places, restart your server.
Hope this helps!

Last edited:

Typh39

Jul 29, 2019
it does! but the issue is I do not have access to rename it. I've asked the support to see what they could do.

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
I highly suggest moving to a host who has a clue and allows you full access to your server files.

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
If you have ftp access, you can upload, download, or delete any file on there. If you want, try to download the BoP jar and rename it, then re-upload it.
But really, you should have access to upload/download/delete files if you have ftp access, that's the whole point of having that.

If you want, PM me and I'll direct you to the guys who host my servers, they were really helpful to me, and I can guide you through the steps (if you use them, don't know how other server hosts work).

They have Multicraft to do the basics, allow ftp access, and have fast responses to tickets (and not the usual "look it up for yourself" kind of answers)

They may "seem" expensive, but the quality of service I've received from them is better than any other host I've been with.