Need help using launcher in linux (Ubuntu)

Status
Not open for further replies.

theEPiK1

Jul 29, 2019
Well the story is, I have Xubuntu operating system on my computer and really want to play the mod pack on this computer.
I have tried the .jar and .exe. I have the latest version of JDK(Java developer kit). Minecraft and other jar based files work on my computer, but not any of the ftb ones. Any help on how I can get it to work?.

In summary:
Operating System: Xubuntu 12.04
FTB Launcher version : Newest (Tried recently)
Minecraft Version: 1.4.2, can't open the launcher though.
Java version: JDK(Java Dev Kit Runtime) 6
Detailed description of the issue / how can the issue be recreated: None of the launcher files downloaded from the site can be launched.
Error logs: The file '***' is not marked as executable. If this was downloaded or copied from an untrusted source, it may be dangerous to run. For more details, read about the executable bit.
Thanks for any help in advance!

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
To run the FTB launcher you need JRE 7u9.
Take your JDK and put it elsewhere (a partition on the HDD, a thumb drive, anywhere it won't interfere with JRE7u9)

knaar

Jul 29, 2019
Hi theEPiK1, fellow ubuntu user here.

If xubuntu has nautilus do this:

Right click the jar file, click properties, and in the permissions tab at the top, put a checkmark in the box that says "Allow executing file as program" and click OK. Another option is to right click and "run with Java" (it might say OpenJDK or whatever as well).

If you don't have nautilus (I have no idea if xubuntu comes with nautilus or not, it's a gnome thing so... yeah dunno), do this in the terminal:

cd ~/path/where/ftb/is
java -jar FTB_Launcher.jar

You could make those two lines into a bash script if you know how so you don't have to type them every time. If it still complains about it not being executable run this once:

chmod +x FTB_Launcher.jar

That will turn on the 'x' bit (aka executable bit).

Status
Not open for further replies.