Need Help Starting FTB Direwolf20 1.0.9 Server

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

ralshadenmoon

Jul 29, 2019
Alright so after much fumbling around and such. I'll have to ask for help from the community.

So I'm trying to start a FTB Direwolf20 1.6.4 V1.0.9 Server as I run a tekkit classic server and some of the players wanted to try FTB Direwolf20. So thought I would try getting one started up.

Here's the plugins I'd like to work if at all possible. Either using MCPC+ or ForgeBukkit or whatever bukkit thing I need to grab to have said plugins function. Also if what you suggest like MCPC and so on doesnt allow full use of all the plugins, if you could let me know that would be great!

Essentials
LWC
Worldedit
Worldguard
Playershop Plugin
ClearLag
WorldBorder (Preferably with the /fill command working =).)
Votifier
buycraft
Griefprevention
CoreProtect
Kits
RandomSpawn (Any of the plugins that do this.)
Vault (We'll be using essentials economy system)
Some Sort of Permissions Plugin (Prefer PermissionsEx which I've seen on FTB servers)
A way to ban items (So NoItem/TekkitCustomizer/Modifyworld/BanItem) Since I still want to be able to use mistcraft and such but just dont want the players having access to making more worlds and so on. Same with the portalgun as I want to make it a donator item only. So if the Perm plugin you give me can do groups where I change the users group and they then get access to said items. Would be fantastic!

Dodge34

Jul 29, 2019
Somewhere over the rainbow.
Good luck for this, I don't think that any version of MCPC+ will ever work with any of the new FTB 1.6.4 serie, I've started my private family server with just the latest MCPC+ and Essentials and I had to downgrade to the damn hateful vanilla server that comes with the server pack, I hate it so much but the damn MCPC+ thingy was making the game and server lag so much it was unplayable, with just 1 standard plugin, imagine with all the ones you've asked for, it will never ever happen... Sorry for that, wish there was a version of ForgeEssentials working...

NewGENER4TION

Jul 29, 2019
Hello I would actually like to notify you that I run a direwolf20 1.6.4 server and was wondering if you would just like to have that for your players to join. You can check out our website at www.nordicuniplay.com

TheNuclearWalnut

Jul 29, 2019
Good luck for this, I don't think that any version of MCPC+ will ever work with any of the new FTB 1.6.4 serie, I've started my private family server with just the latest MCPC+ and Essentials and I had to downgrade to the damn hateful vanilla server that comes with the server pack, I hate it so much but the damn MCPC+ thingy was making the game and server lag so much it was unplayable, with just 1 standard plugin, imagine with all the ones you've asked for, it will never ever happen... Sorry for that, wish there was a version of ForgeEssentials working...

For my server I use mcpc+ with 1.0.7 direwolf20 and lag doesn't pop up very often but idk, it could be different when it comes with different servers or hosts, and I use most of those plugins he uses

Dodge34

Jul 29, 2019
Somewhere over the rainbow.
For my server I use mcpc+ with 1.0.7 direwolf20 and lag doesn't pop up very often but idk, it could be different when it comes with different servers or hosts, and I use most of those plugins he uses

Just curious what version of MCPC+ and what version of Essentials, I have a feeling that maybe I used versions that weren't stable enough and need to do some tests, but what I had installed, I had litterally no mob spawning, I was exploring caves alone and there was no mob at all, even in a dungeon, and the water was extremely laggy each time I dropped a bucket of water it took around 3 seconds for the water to appear, I was unable to use the grinder with a right click and a lot more problems, once I took out MCPC+ and Essentials, everything worked like its supposed to work (we have a dedicated server he's at my brother house on a fiber net connection (50MBPS/50MBPS) and this connection it 100% there, we tested this multiple time, the computer we run the server on as 8GB of RAM and we run on a SSD with at the most 4 players connected (4 members of the same family, we will never ever open for public)

ralshadenmoon

Jul 29, 2019
Just curious what version of MCPC+ and what version of Essentials, I have a feeling that maybe I used versions that weren't stable enough and need to do some tests, but what I had installed, I had litterally no mob spawning, I was exploring caves alone and there was no mob at all, even in a dungeon, and the water was extremely laggy each time I dropped a bucket of water it took around 3 seconds for the water to appear, I was unable to use the grinder with a right click and a lot more problems, once I took out MCPC+ and Essentials, everything worked like its supposed to work (we have a dedicated server he's at my brother house on a fiber net connection (50MBPS/50MBPS) and this connection it 100% there, we tested this multiple time, the computer we run the server on as 8GB of RAM and we run on a SSD with at the most 4 players connected (4 members of the same family, we will never ever open for public)

Agreed. Also I know what your talking about. Currently staff is testing it out. Only lags when the new chunks are being generated and when u go from spawn back to your place.

TheNuclearwalnut: could you tell us what build of MCPC+ and Essentials your using? That would be helpful.

NewGeneration: I would but of course I enjoy running servers and I like using a lot of stuff that other server owners have banned. I understand why they banned it/removed the mod but it's stuff i like to use. Like Portal Guns (Yes I remove my portal when done cause it does lag with enough of them. and also mistcraft I like the linking books and so on. So yeah.)

TheNuclearWalnut

Jul 29, 2019
Idk about the mob spawning, check your configs cause I use mcma to regulate that. Also with ralsha, I do have lag with world gen but its not unbearable. Maybe it could be your processor or ram not being allocated properly idk, cause I have 4 gigs on it and xeon 8 core processors.
EDIT: Ralsha, my server uses portalguns but im probably going to ban mystcraft (horrendous lag) but only some users use pgs due to the fact that we have /home and /spawn to a large building we dedicated for a small spawn village. But then, im gonna have to ban people from going lik 100, 000-200, 000 blocks away due to the lag itll cause