Need Help Powering Quaryy with lava

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

X7B

Jul 29, 2019
Can someone help me power a quarry with lava Im new to it and need help thanks

hiroshi42

Jul 29, 2019
well, you need a supply of lava, most people get that from a pump(from Buildcraft or an enderthermic pump from extra utilities?) in the nether and either a ender tank(from ender storage?) or a tesseract from Thermal expansion. Then you need some magmatic dynamos from Thermal expansion and some fluiducts to get the lava into the dynamos. plop those down and hook them up to some energy conduits (pick your flavor) also from TE and hook the energy conduit up to the quarry. make sure you have an inventory or pipe/itemduct attached to the quarry and away you go.

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
Assumptions: your pack has Buildcraft (obviously), Thermal Expansion 3, and Extra Utilities.

* Use an enderthermic pump (powered by a magmatic dynamo) to pump lava from the nether into both the magmatic dynamo and into a tessaract that sends your lava to a holding tank in your base.
* Use said lava to power magmatic dynamos that output their RF into energy cells, which then output into a second set of tessaracts that send power to your your quarry. note that you need an energy conduit between your tessaract and the quarry to convert RF to MJ.

Reactions: Niels Henriksen

modctek

Jul 29, 2019
Just curious if anyone has had problems with Endothermic pumps in Monster? Mine kept disappearing. At first I thought one got burned up in an errant lava spill, but the second time it looked like it just disappeared, along with the 4 redstone engines and the ender tank.

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
Just curious if anyone has had problems with Endothermic pumps in Monster? Mine kept disappearing. At first I thought one got burned up in an errant lava spill, but the second time it looked like it just disappeared, along with the 4 redstone engines and the ender tank.
Is the entire chunk the enderthermic pump in resetting? Or is it just the pump and the engines powering it?

Loufmier

Jul 29, 2019
i've seen few threads about lost pumps and in all of them ender tanks have been mentioned as a part of a lost setup and as a reason for chunk reset. if don't want for another pump to go poof you should reconsider their usage.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Assumptions: your pack has Buildcraft (obviously), Thermal Expansion 3, and Extra Utilities.

* Use an enderthermic pump (powered by a magmatic dynamo) to pump lava from the nether into both the magmatic dynamo and into a tessaract that sends your lava to a holding tank in your base.
* Use said lava to power magmatic dynamos that output their RF into energy cells, which then output into a second set of tessaracts that send power to your your quarry. note that you need an energy conduit between your tessaract and the quarry to convert RF to MJ.
Just a reminder, you only need the one tesseract now. They work on power, liquids, and items. All at the same time with configs for each. Want to send power to a quarry, fuel and coolant to a engine, but also get back the lava, on top of getting all the items from the quarry without the chance of back-flow? All right there for you.

Juanitierno

Jul 29, 2019
i've seen few threads about lost pumps and in all of them ender tanks have been mentioned as a part of a lost setup and as a reason for chunk reset. if don't want for another pump to go poof you should reconsider their usage.

Is there any replacement for endertanks, besides tesseracts? I sometimes use lava or a remote boiler for beginnings power, and i cant afford a tesseract at that point.

Loufmier

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any replacement for endertanks, besides tesseracts? I sometimes use lava or a remote boiler for beginnings power, and i cant afford a tesseract at that point.
can't remember any except pipes from Additional BC objects

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Ender chests will do the job, provided you have a fluid transposer on either end to fill/empty the cells/cans/whatever with lava. Thaumcraft has Magic Mirrors, though they require essentia and need the item spit out at them. A powered obsidian pipe on either end can suck up the incoming items. EnderIO has a Tesseract equivalent, though I'm not sure how much cheaper it is. Or if it's in your pack.

Railcraft tank carts can travel through portals, And carry, I think 32 buckets, at a time. Requires a bit more infrastructure, but it's a lot cheaper than tesseracts.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Other then the other ender tanks? Doesn't ExtraUtilities have a thing that works like them? Dynamic Liquid Tanks 1 had an upgrade that could allow for tanks to be linked in such a way. There is a mod which I'm having trouble remember the name of that added a bunch of buckets that included an Ender Bucket that worked like a Ender Bucket from the other Ender Tanks mod, except it could be linked to most, if not all, forge fluid storage blocks.

Or do you mean ones that you should already have in your FTB pack if you haven't added anything?

Juanitierno

Jul 29, 2019
Other then the other ender tanks? Doesn't ExtraUtilities have a thing that works like them? Dynamic Liquid Tanks 1 had an upgrade that could allow for tanks to be linked in such a way. There is a mod which I'm having trouble remember the name of that added a bunch of buckets that included an Ender Bucket that worked like a Ender Bucket from the other Ender Tanks mod, except it could be linked to most, if not all, forge fluid storage blocks.

Or do you mean ones that you should already have in your FTB pack if you haven't added anything?

Yeah, like, assuming endertanks causes chunk resets as mentioned in several places, and i wanted to use an alternative item that came with monster, what would that be?

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, like, assuming endertanks causes chunk resets as mentioned in several places, and i wanted to use an alternative item that came with monster, what would that be?
At the moment, that's Tesseracts. Or if Dynamic Tanks 2 already has that thing, that thing. Or if Extra Utilities has that thing I think it does, it's that. But if you want to find your own options that aren't already in FTB, you naturally have to LOOK for them. And if you don't want to use a late gate item to replace a buggy early game item, then why bother having a early game item that can replaced late game by something that works better, if not just period?
I dislike the Endertanks in Ender Chests. Partially because they are buggy. Partially because it allows for cheap early game nether power. I don't mind early game nether power but it's cheap and super effective. Honestly it's a lot because Tesseracts work great and no one uses them aside from for energy it seems.
If I ran a server, I'd turn off those bloody tanks for good. They cause chunk resets like crazy and people still insist on using them because they are cheap. Well, I guess you get what you pay for, in that sense.
I'd half assume that if ChickenBones removed the fluid render code from them they would work great and I'd have even more reason to hate them as they wouldn't be shitty.

Reactions: Loufmier

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Now that I think about it, if you use an ender tank and use Logistics Pipes inventory connector, it should be able to request liquid across the ender chest. Not sure, but it should work.

Quesenek

Jul 29, 2019
At the moment, that's Tesseracts. Or if Dynamic Tanks 2 already has that thing, that thing. Or if Extra Utilities has that thing I think it does, it's that. But if you want to find your own options that aren't already in FTB, you naturally have to LOOK for them. And if you don't want to use a late gate item to replace a buggy early game item, then why bother having a early game item that can replaced late game by something that works better, if not just period?
I dislike the Endertanks in Ender Chests. Partially because they are buggy. Partially because it allows for cheap early game nether power. I don't mind early game nether power but it's cheap and super effective. Honestly it's a lot because Tesseracts work great and no one uses them aside from for energy it seems.
If I ran a server, I'd turn off those bloody tanks for good. They cause chunk resets like crazy and people still insist on using them because they are cheap. Well, I guess you get what you pay for, in that sense.
I'd half assume that if ChickenBones removed the fluid render code from them they would work great and I'd have even more reason to hate them as they wouldn't be shitty.
Ender tanks causing chunk resets is news to me... I've been using them for quite a while on my server and I haven't encountered any problems.
I do agree with you on the cheap power in a server setting personally I would turn ender tanks and ender chests off simply to kill early remote quarrying. Some things are just too easy for a community setting.