Need help on Computercraft programm input.

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Cyphai

Jul 29, 2019
I am so exciting on what i can do on computercraft. However, I got a problem, a huge one. The text is messing around. Aw... i dont know how to describe it. Let me just show the picture, and see if anyone of you can help me this. I really want to play with this cool mod.

Attachments

• 2014-02-18_16.34.49.png
    2014-02-18_16.34.49.png
    119.5 KB · Views: 76

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019
That's a strange one. Maybe its the texture pack you're using but I don't think they influence the GUI like that.

If no one else can tell you what is wrong and help you fix it, the best advice I can give is removing the texture pack, reinstalling the mod and making sure that it isn't a known bug in the version you are using. If it is a known bug then update.

Something that is a good idea to do anyway with computercraft is writing your programs in an external text editor. It makes writing your code much easier. I like to use Notepad++.

Cyphai

Jul 29, 2019
sigh, it doesnt work~ :( I tried to remove my texture pack and use the MC default one.

Thanks tho :)

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I am so exciting on what i can do on computercraft. However, I got a problem, a huge one. The text is messing around. Aw... i dont know how to describe it. Let me just show the picture, and see if anyone of you can help me this. I really want to play with this cool mod.
Are you using Soartex by any chance? I was having the same issue. But managed to muddle through so didn't bother looking into it more.

0jKO2g3.png

It doesnt appear to be an Full screen/windowed mode issue, nor GUI scale.

Last edited:

Cyphai

Jul 29, 2019
yes! im using Soartex. But the text still looks messy even when I remove the Soartex and change the texture to the default style.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
yes! im using Soartex. But the text still looks messy even when I remove the Soartex and change the texture to the default style.
Hmm yeah just tried the same. Didn't change the buggy text.
Can the texture pack somehow change the font of the vanilla game? Or is it just a coincidence that we both use Soartex?

Enigmius1

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, texture pack can change the vanilla font. There's a setting somewhere regarding the font, but you'll have to dig through the options to find it because I don't remember where exactly it is.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Yes, texture pack can change the vanilla font. There's a setting somewhere regarding the font, but you'll have to dig through the options to find it because I don't remember where exactly it is.
I mean even when the texture pack is not loaded? I know texturepacks can add custom fonts. But its still an issue if we disable the texturepacks.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Check your Language settings. I believe that the font is changed there, rather than as part of the texture pack itself.