Need help getting more power!!!

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Furious1964

Nov 10, 2012
My SP base is running out because of the AE2 system I'm building. I spent tons of resources on solar panels, but I need more power. Can anyone suggest something that is efficient and easy to build?

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
Not completely intimate with Infinity evolved, but I think you can build a big reactor by now.

RealKC

Popular Member
Dec 6, 2015
King of the Hill
If you aren't playing expert mode add Mekanism and use its reactor. It's expensive but it produces a ton of power and if built in a specific way it can also produce steam and use it to run Mekanism's turbines. If you're playing expert mode, add it anyway.
Edit:the basic Mek Fusion Reactor produces 150kRF/t IIRC and it runs on water

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
I'm a fan of perpetual motion, so I enjoy positive feedback loops. The system in my signature provides constant, worry free power without need for outside infrastructure. It's like having solar that runs even at night. Also, it can be built with mods already in your pack.

Note: I'm pretty sure that Expert Mode disables the Lava Fabricator, but a Igneous Extruder and a Magma Crucible will do the job (although the Crucible requires more power than the Fabricator, you are going to have enough to spare).

Furious1964

Nov 10, 2012
HOLY CRAP!!! That's impressive. I was tinkering with Immersive Engineering's Water Wheel and thought of a set-up of using 16 3-Wheel turbines linked to an Ender IO Cap Bank via Tesseracts.

Furious1964

Nov 10, 2012
OK, I built your set-up but I can't seem to get the steam to generate.

Nevermind, I figured it out.

Last edited:

Lordlundar

Jul 29, 2019
Best one I can think of would be an active cooled reactor supplying 2 buckets of steam per tick to a ludicrite coil 80 blade turbine. you can pump the requisite 20k RF/t into an MFR Laser drill set up to maximize yellorite acquisition and still have 8k RF/t for other stuff.

Alternatively with Gendustry installed you can breed a yellorite bee production setup which will supply a sufficient amount of yellorite for the reactor.

Furious1964

Nov 10, 2012
Can the waste byproduct be re-enriched to turn it back into Yellorite? I once built a self-sustaining IC2 reactor that was able to re-enriched spent uranium fuel rods into fully charged ones.

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
Though I believe there is a way to do that it will never be fully sustainable as it costs more then it gives back in terms of yelorium.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
I've always found it easier to skip the Reactor entirely. Turbines are where the power is at, and any mod that can make steam can power one. Anything from surplus from farming (via Ethanol, BioFuel, etc) to a dedicated charcoal farm can power a Turbine indefinitely. Other options include farming Blaze Rods or abusing the Lava Bucket.

The Reactor side of Big Reactors can be self-sustaining, but as mentioned above, it usually requires a MFR Laser Drill with proper foci and a competent processing chain. That's a lot of work for 8k free power compared to just using Steam generated elsewhere to do the same work.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
A Railcraft Steam Boiler filled with Charcoal and water will power a turbine quite a bit. It takes three to run a max size turbine at full speed, but even one will provide quite a lot of power while you build more, or use it to get you to a more permanent solution. And charcoal is completely reneweable and thus infinite.

Lordlundar

Jul 29, 2019
Can the waste byproduct be re-enriched to turn it back into Yellorite? I once built a self-sustaining IC2 reactor that was able to re-enriched spent uranium fuel rods into fully charged ones.
Sort of. The Cyanite (the waste product) can be put in a Cyanite Reprocessor to make Blutonium at a 2-1 ratio. The Blutonium can be fed into the reactor which functions identically to an equal amount of Yellorium. So while you can reuse it through the reprocessing, you will eventually run out.

Given that you have infinity, I would say your most energy efficient method for creating a sustained Big Reactor setup is to do bee breeding through Gendustry.

Zarkov

Mar 22, 2013
If you decide to breed bees for a big reactor, go with the radioactive bees rather than yellorium. The output is compatible and you get 8 times more fuel.

Bigdbigd03

Jul 29, 2019
Use nuclear reactors, big reactors or Mek reactors

Sent from an iPod 65, illegally talked about because of partnership. iPod 65 teleports through years like Back to the Past (Sequel to Back to the Future except in 2096).