Need Help Creating Mystcraft Worlds

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

TOSU10

Jul 29, 2019
Every time I try creating a world it always tries to kill me. So I figured some of you are probably a lot better at this than me. So can someone please help me make:

-A quarry world with obviously a flat world, mushroom biome, eternal daytime, and no weather.
-A void world for my base with again mushroom biome, eternal day, and no weather.

And any pages are fine because I have all of them. Thank you for your help.

imPlayin

Jul 29, 2019
Mystcraft adds instability to most worlds if you're not careful enough. It gives you a bunch of negative effects. If you have access to it, I would just turn off instability via the /myst-instability false command. Or just use RFTools dimensions instead (imo better).

Reactions: TOSU10

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Mystcraft is a nice mod for what it is. The Myst series of games and books revolve around the idea of Age writing being an art form that takes years of practice to create even mostly stable worlds. In said series, a small mistake in wording, syntax, or similar can take a world from an island surrounded by dense fog on all sides to a tectonic nightmare. It was meant to be finicky. If you are looking for stable dimensions made to customer order, Mystcraft wasn't designed for that.

As mentioned above, RFTools Dimensions are closer to what you are looking for, with the balancing point that they must be powered or else they collapse (potentially killing anyone inside). The Dimlet system is very similar to the Mystcraft pages, and writing your age is quite similar as well. The major benefits include less random shit being added that you didn't ask for, as well as no inherent instability effects. If you are farming for Dimlets, a Cursed Earth farm in the End can churn them out at an amazing rate, and if you have XU in your lack, can be powered off the Ender Pearls.

Happy dimension hopping.

Reactions: rhn

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I suggest this as a good guide on the syntax and combos of the different pages:
http://binarymage.com/wiki/doku.php?id=writing:symbols_summary

Also, specify EVERYTHING. If you just want it to be normal, then use the Normal whaever pages. If you dont you get random shit, and often that opens up for combinations of stuff.

As for the instability that should AFAIK only really happen if you use any of the pages marked in red(or you get one randomly added because you did not specify everything/things from all categories). However I think there is an issue with how Mystcraft scans ores in overworld and then use that to judge its own dimensions or something.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
I suggest this as a good guide on the syntax and combos of the different pages:
http://binarymage.com/wiki/doku.php?id=writing:symbols_summary

Also, specify EVERYTHING. If you just want it to be normal, then use the Normal whaever pages. If you dont you get random shit, and often that opens up for combinations of stuff.

As for the instability that should AFAIK only really happen if you use any of the pages marked in red(or you get one randomly added because you did not specify everything/things from all categories). However I think there is an issue with how Mystcraft scans ores in overworld and then use that to judge its own dimensions or something.

From what I recall, that was the reason Mystcraft's profiling (which caused so much butthurt when it was first introduced). The idea was to take a snapshot ore generation of the Overworld to use as a baseline for stability - more than the norm increased instability in a nonlinear fashion. My fascination with the mod ended shortly before that time (I still love the original idea if it, just not in the pack I'm playing currently) so I'm not sure what's happened to it since then.

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
Consider using the Deep Dark as a mining age if you have ExU in your pack. It gives you gameplay goal to work towards, and is quite rewarding when you get there. Creating a superflat mining age with no mobs somewhat trivializes this content that could otherwise be a rewarding endevour.

If you want to accurately specify the properties of a dimension, and have RF Tools available, use that.

If you are a server admin, and want to create dimensions for everyone to use, and have RF Tools available, use that, but configure it so players cannot create dimensions and the dimensions do not have running costs.

Otherwise, there are other mods that add specific dimensions for mining and void building. Use those. If you are playing 1.7.10, there is Utility Worlds.

If you are a player and want the "fun" of creating many trial dimensions while you refine your D'ni writing skills until you eventually get dimensions somewhat like what you want - use Mystcraft. Otherwise review the above two options.

Last edited: