Need fuel source for 3 36hp boilers

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

vineet

Jul 29, 2019
So, I have just found out that blaze rods have been nerfed, so I am gonna need something to power my three 36 hp boilers, any solutions. Must be renewable.

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
And solid fuel because you have solid fuel boxes already, right? I started with liquid fuel as it seemed like the more logical choice. Besides that, though, Steve's Cart tree farms appears to be a really good fuel source.

~~~

Steves carts tree farm + one and a something TE sawmills per boiler.
With our powers combined Steve's Cart is Captain Boiler!

Extreme8897

Jul 29, 2019
Blaze Rods, but only if you have a Blaze Soul Shard, you could also use Charcoal if you have a Forestry Farm. You could also run a quarry and run the coal there.

Milaha

Jul 29, 2019
You think a Steve's cart trees farm can handle three 36 hp boilers?
I run 2, one biofuel, one charcoal. It is more efficient to do sawmill>planks than charcoal, but I still have tons of both resources leftover. I could probably run 4 if i had a use for that much steam/power.

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
You think a Steve's cart trees farm can handle three 36 hp boilers?

I have heard claims that a single Steve's Cart tree farm can handle five 36HP boilers. I'd say do some research into them, and maybe build a mockup in creative mode to test. Good luck!

MilConDoin

Jul 29, 2019
The solid fueled part with the planks is just shy of feeding three 36HP solid ones. The last tidbit needs to be done via sawdust->compressed sawdust->charcoal.
The five 36HP you remember is for the liquid boilers from the saplings->biofuel route (which needs a very small input of extra mulch, the apples don't produce enough).

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
Heat is down to 0,5k per stick.

TBH, I'd rather if the spawners had been nerfed to require 4 times as many souls. This is laaaaaame.

Collect three more T5 soul shard's, and set up three more spawners? That will give you a close to identical setup in regards to what you have suggested. The major difference would be that you'd need three more grinders, but those aren't too hard to make I believe.

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
Collect three more T5 soul shard's, and set up three more spawners? That will give you a close to identical setup in regards to what you have suggested. The major difference would be that you'd need three more grinders, but those aren't too hard to make I believe.
Entity spam.

Reactions: war_kittens

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
Entity spam.

Ah, true. What about keeping them away with a chunkloader on them? Ah well, this underscores my desire to stick with liquid fuels. Until someone messes with my biofuel. Then I have a wonderful source of flamethrower fuel, just in case.

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
you could make really large rp2 peat farm. similar to making a mossy stone generator, except you use peat. simply extend vertical. 2 wide row of peat with water on the outside. deployer, piston and block breaker.

OniBait

Jul 29, 2019
I have a video on a CC Fir Tree farm:

I'm in the middle of expanding my operations, and fir tree saplings now apparently work in a fermenter so it gets even better.

Before I started on my expansion, I was able to outpace two 36-HP boilers heating up with the charcoal it was outputting (and it is so ridiculously cheap to do). At the end of it all, I'm estimating that with 4 turtles, I will be able to support 6 36-HP boilers on charcoal alone -- with another 4 on bio.

(And yes, I know the setup is sub-optimal -- I could've used sawmills and burned wood instead of charcoal. If I was going for optimal, I wouldn't have made a bunch of coke ovens either)

purplefantum

Jul 29, 2019
Peat is good since it's cheap as hell, and once those boilers heat up, lasts a good amount of time. But I found Biofuel was alot better in the long run, fully renewable and last a very good amount of time per bucket.