Need assist with Launcher or with Direwolf20 pack.

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.

AWDoBaun

Jul 29, 2019
Had been playing direwolf20 1.16 build 1.1.2.
Updated and cannot get the game to launch.
The best I can get to is the game seems to stall out with that white square filled in on the loading world screen and the following text in the log:

Code:
    [Server thread/INFO] [ne.mi.co.Co.astralsorcery/COREMODLOG]: Added 'add_custom_collision_flag' ASM patch! 
    [Server thread/INFO] [pneumaticcraft/]: Rebuilding Amadron offer list
    [Server thread/INFO] [pneumaticcraft/]: 29 active Amadron offers to sync to clients
    [Server thread/INFO] [minecraft/IntegratedServer]: Changing view distance to 11, from 10
    [Server thread/WARN] [minecraft/MinecraftServer]: Can't keep up! Is the server overloaded? Running 4859ms  or 97 ticks behind
    [Server thread/INFO] [pneumaticcraft/]: 31 active Amadron offers to sync to clients
    [Server thread/INFO] [pneumaticcraft/]: 29 active Amadron offers to sync to clients
    [Server thread/INFO] [pneumaticcraft/]: 31 active Amadron offers to sync to clients
with
Code:
    [pneumaticcraft/]: # active Amadron offers to sync to clients

repeating every 10 minutes interspersed with the odd
Code:
    Can't keep up! Is the server overloaded?

Creating and loading a new world seems to fail in the same way. I've tried downgrading to older versions and upgrading to newer ones with no luck.

So far I am very frustrated with this version of the FTB launcher, doing things like hiding the client while it loads. My next attempt might be back up what I have of my world and uninstall everything to start clean. Anyone have any other suggestions?

AWDoBaun

Jul 29, 2019
Well I may have figured this out by accident. in the process of deleting the pack install to attempt re-install there were some files locked even though there were no running copies of the launcher or pack. Some log files and the file "launchertray-progress-1.0.jar" were in use and could not be deleted. I bet there was some orphaned process holding these files that was causing the launch to fail to complete.