Need advice about creating YouTube intro.

Tethlah

Jul 29, 2019
So here is the video in question: DropBox Vid

Annoyance: Anyone know of any mod I can add that will let me record a path to follow with the spin and just kick it off? Right now I'm moving myself using the mouse and keyboard, so it's hit and miss as to when I stick the landing while recording.

The big problem: In general I like it, and I'm working on some stuff for it. Basically it's just a simple intro for our youtube channel, the problem though is that everytime I try to record the movement part of it in game it comes out choppy. I'm using OpenBroadcaster Software, and I turn off the interface and switch movement to cinematic in game. I have everything turned all the way up (my computer should have absolutely no problem with any of this).

In OBS I'm using x264 encoder, Max bitrate of 1000kbs, buffer of 0.
I set my video to 60fps with no downscale.
I set the x264 preset to ultrafast, encoding profile to high, with 2 second keyframe interval. CRF=20

Game runs perfectly smooth and looks great, but as soon as I start recording I get that choppy feel to the movement. Any suggestions?

Tethlah

Jul 29, 2019
thanks, still trying to figure out how to not have the choppy look in the video though.

Tethlah

Jul 29, 2019
AMD FX6350 6 core proc at 4.8GHz
16GBs 1600MHz DDR3 RAM
AMD Radeon HD 7970 3GB GDDR5 GPU (thinking about making the switch to NVidia for CUDA support since it's time for an upgrade anyway)

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Yerr ya do bro, it haz ta be kuul and full ov actshin dun fuget da bass drop dubstep beet. Gotta hav da swag or elz be a fag!

(God I think I hurt some brain cells there)

My tip if op is still even interested is to make it as un-intrisive as possible.
Just no base drops with an animation of your character being cash swaggy.
That shit retards me heavily. It hurts my brain.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Reactions: epidemia78

Adagiovibe

Jul 29, 2019
He said it pretty rudely but still has a point. It seems that every single MC-centered channel these days has to come along with a really obnoxious dubstep heavy intro.

Reactions: epidemia78

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
I have agree with @Azzanine
Need advice for creating a Youtube intro? -One word my friend; Don't.
If you really really must; do it as part of the recording- a simple 'hi everybody' is more than enough. Just dive right in and start with the camera rolling.
Remember people use Adblocker because they cant wait 5 seconds for the video to start.
Something tells me they won't appreciate a 30 second intro either.

As for the lag issues; Rendering video in realtime is computationally intensive. Double check your settings against the OBS forum and make you're using your PC's resources effectively. Otherwise you'll need to turn down your game settings and divert processing power to record smooth video.

Reactions: Azzanine

Hlaaftana

Jul 29, 2019
No, people use Adblocker because those 5 seconds require additional effort to complete and the popups/images above the suggestions get annoying after a while. They're going on YouTube to relax, not to watch ads

Reactions: dragon_fang101

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Not that it matters but the adds easily take a minimum of 15-20 seconds now. Then there's those 30 second adds with no skip.
Why don't I use adblock... I know the logic behind it is spurious at best but it is the content providers income. However I do not see how my veiwing of the ad adds value to the overall system especially when I seldom buy the wares advertised. Not a cent transfers from me to the creator.

Also I am aware of the difference between Dubstep and then other forms of electric music. I am somewhat partial to some trance myself.
But when for some reason I look at a new LPer they will sometimes have an obnoxious opening that makes me close not only my you tube tab but the whole browser.
Funny thing is I actually like some dubstep, it's just when it's used in such an opening.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
I have agree with @Azzanine
Need advice for creating a Youtube intro? -One word my friend; Don't.
If you really really must; do it as part of the recording- a simple 'hi everybody' is more than enough. Just dive right in and start with the camera rolling.
Remember people use Adblocker because they cant wait 5 seconds for the video to start.
Something tells me they won't appreciate a 30 second intro either.

As for the lag issues; Rendering video in realtime is computationally intensive. Double check your settings against the OBS forum and make you're using your PC's resources effectively. Otherwise you'll need to turn down your game settings and divert processing power to record smooth video.
I'm a little bit late to the party, but I figure I'd add on to this. To assist with video rendering, you can offload the recording/stream to your graphics card's encoder in OBS using VCE.

https://obsproject.com/forum/threads/obs-branch-with-amd-vce-support.13996/

I do this and instead of a 30-50 FPS drop from CPU encoding, I drop maybe 1 or 2 frames.