Need a forge compatible chat name color/prefix changer

cronixia

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know of a mod that does that?

Right now I'm running Fighu's command plugins for basic admin tools, but find that I am lacking a lot.

Is there a way to get Fighu's plugin to change chat color/prefixes?

Thanks

lisim

Jul 29, 2019
ATM other then trying you luck with ForgeBukkit, there are none, but keep an eye out for Forge Essentials

AliasXNeo

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know of a mod that does that?

Right now I'm running Fighu's command plugins for basic admin tools, but find that I am lacking a lot.

Is there a way to get Fighu's plugin to change chat color/prefixes?

Thanks

You can run ForgeBukkit with his Essentials port. It includes Essentials Chat which allows coloring names.

Greedseed

Jul 29, 2019
Forge Essentials implemented this feature yesterday. It works on prefix, chat and signs :D So hang on in there for a little there will be a release soon

cronixia

Jul 29, 2019
Forge Essentials implemented this feature yesterday. It works on prefix, chat and signs :D So hang on in there for a little there will be a release soon

Is that current build in a dev build, or semi-stable version yet?

cronixia

Jul 29, 2019
Well since they don't have the feature that I want, guess I'll wait for the new version.

NHDriver4

Jul 29, 2019
I've been watching Forge Essentials for a while now, and I'm looking forward to using it on my server. I'm going to play around with it tonight.

bubbajames

Jul 29, 2019
Need a little help understanding chat colors. I have the Essentials Chat installed on my FTB Direwolf server and can change the color of 'prefix' in ./ForgeEssentials/chat.cfg. But that changes EVERYONE's prefix to the same color. What I'm looking for is the ability to change the prefix based on the player's Group (and when I say group, I'm using Fihgu's Permissions mod).

Example Messages:
[Owner]<username> <message>
[Admin]<username> <message>
[Mod]<username> <message>

<username> <message> <== standard player

I've attempted to modify ./world/FEData/ForgeConfig/PlayerInfo/<username>.cfg by modifying S:prefix=%red[Owner]%reset, but that simply echoed the literal as %red[Owner]%reset<username> <message>.

I also attempted to add the following to <username>.cfg in hopes it would override the global chat config. But no luck.
Chat {
S:chatformat=%red%prefix%reset<%username> %white%message
}

Q. How do I accomplish per group prefix colorization using Fihgu's Permissions mod?

Thanks in advanced for your support.

Lakart

Jul 29, 2019
I'm almost sure that the issue you're having is because ForgeEssentials has it's own permissions, and the chat options per person/per group are keyed to that setup. They took the bulk permissions out of the pack for two days(5th & 6th) to completely redo/fix them and they should be back in on the 7th, with the configs to set them up correctly.

Andatop

Jul 29, 2019
So I don't understand This Very well....
But I Want to Be able to Change People's Prefixes Can/how Do you do that with ForgeEssentials?

dries007

Jul 29, 2019
If you need help with ForgeEssentials, feel free to join us on #forgeessentials on esper.net

Profjb

Jul 29, 2019
MCPC+ I have a thread about all 3 bukkit (Type) mods you can use. I think you will find it intresting :).