Nature's Aura -- Breathlessness Killing Me Even With Average/High Aura

Brotuulaan

Jan 14, 2018
I've been playing ATM6 for a while now, and I've always been aggravated by Nature's Aura giving me breathlessness. I didn't do anything with the mod until it started killing me, so I got into it enough to learn the mechanics and set up a swamp homi to replenish the aura around my base, since it was being drained somehow (especially underground). I don't understand any of it because I hadn't been doing anything with the mod and yet the aura was being drained and killing me.

So it was fine for a while since I set that up to constantly run and replenish.

But I updated recently, and just today, it started killing me even though I have above-average aura levels. I even went and stood next to one of my swamp homis and the aura was a good chunk above average, but I was still dying from breathlessness. Why the hell is it doing that and how the hell do I turn that off?! It's a stupid feature that doesn't work in this version, apparently, and it's making the pack flat-out unplayable. I'm basically done with it unless I can get this sorted out. But I shouldn't even have to bother with posting to forums over it because everything in the mod directions say just replenish the aura.

What can I do? I dearly hope someone knows how to disable it or something. I can't find a config file in the installation folder, so I don't see a way to turn it off.

Brotuulaan

Jan 14, 2018
Finally found the config file and turned those off. But I also got ahold of the author on the mod's github, and he said that breathlessness disregards local aura once it's started and reaches into high-aura areas. Apparently there was a low-aura area nearby (I had an infinite water block that I'd forgotten was part of that mod), so it had a 100-block reach of breathlessness and was going into the areas I'd been replenishing. Seems like a dumb mechanic to me since high-aura is generally defined as safe, but it is what it is. I just turned off all negative low-aura effects and refined my swamp homi setup anyway. So now I don't have to worry about explosions or suffocation no matter how low the aura gets.