Nano saber glitch?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Shakie666

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know if anyone else is affected by this, but for some reason I can't switch on a nano saber. I right click to switch it on, and then it switches itself off again shortly afterwards. The amount of time it stays on for differs each time, but the result is always the same. Does anyone else know about this? If so, is there a workaround? I should add I only noticed this since the latest update (on the mindcrack pack).

FrozenBrain

Jul 29, 2019
Nope, definately a bug. I experience this as well with the DW20 pack. I think it is actually on even though you can't always see the effect.

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
Have you tried rebooting it?

Is it plugged in?

Try restarting your modem, actually, that sometimes fixes it.

Heh heh heh... That aside, good to know about the nanosaber. I'll make sure to keep on not using it. Thanks.

BeastFeeder

Jul 29, 2019
Yep it happened to me too, starting after the last updated. It's a big pain. I wound up working around it by creating a Vajra...which I'd never used before but absolutely love. Except dont have it in your hand when you get things out of Extra Dimensional Barrels unless you like cleaning up a big mess.

Shakie666

Jul 29, 2019
Except dont have it in your hand when you get things out of Extra Dimensional Barrels unless you like cleaning up a big mess.

Lag much? :p

As a side note: I think they made a change to the vajra in the latest update of gravisuite where you can toggle block-breaking speed so you don't just destroy everything by accident (don't quote me on it though).

Anyway, a vajra is still weaker than my sharpness IV nano saber :D

BeastFeeder

Jul 29, 2019
I dont think that lag was the issue...You have to left click on a barrel to get material out, and a Vajra instantly breaks barrels when you left click them...so it was more of a user error actually. Personal fail.

Anyway, since the Vajra is a one hit kill on all mobs, plus an instant break on all blocks including obsidian I'll still take it over an enchanted nano saber. It's not like I've ever one shotted a zombie with my Vajra and been like "OMG that took SO much longer than I wanted, yawn." Plus this way I get to leave the diamond drill and chainsaw at home.

Mikey_R

Jul 29, 2019
When they said 'lag much'. they were referring to whether your game lagged after destroying an extra dimensional barrel and having thousands of entities spew over your floor. That amount of entities would make most peoples computer lag alot.

qap

Jul 29, 2019
Take off your Gravichestplate, the saber seems to shut down when done loading. So, about all the time, wearing the chest plate.

BeastFeeder

Jul 29, 2019
When they said 'lag much'. they were referring to whether your game lagged after destroying an extra dimensional barrel and having thousands of entities spew over your floor. That amount of entities would make most peoples computer lag alot.
Oh, sorry. :oops:

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019

On the bright side: Extradimensional barrels only appear to drop 64*64 (4096) of whatever they have stored. On the less bright side, every now and again, I accidentally destroy one of my extradimensional dirt or cobble (recently, actually, it was sand) barrels. Bothersome, but the cleanup isn't too bad.

Shakie666

Jul 29, 2019
On the bright side: Extradimensional barrels only appear to drop 64*64 (4096) of whatever they have stored. On the less bright side, every now and again, I accidentally destroy one of my extradimensional dirt or cobble (recently, actually, it was sand) barrels. Bothersome, but the cleanup isn't too bad.

So if destroying an extra-dimensional barrel only gives 64 stacks, what happens to the other 2billion stacks? Do they just disappear? Even if its only cobblestone, i'd be pretty annoyed about losing 2billion stacks of it.

arkangyl

Jul 29, 2019
So if destroying an extra-dimensional barrel only gives 64 stacks, what happens to the other 2billion stacks? Do they just disappear? Even if its only cobblestone, i'd be pretty annoyed about losing 2billion stacks of it.
Presumably their link to the barrel's dimension is severed, and they're lost in inter-dimensional space. :p

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
Presumably their link to the barrel's dimension is severed, and they're lost in inter-dimensional space. :p

As arkangyl said, the link is lost.

You should really think of the extradimensional barrel as a small buffer that links to a much larger storage system. If you destroy the buffer, you just get the small amount there.

It's a really good reason to be careful around your barrels, eh?

Edrosty

Jul 29, 2019

When I accidentally burned down my house, I had at LEAST 20,000 entities on the ground from all the barrels that went kablooey without lag. Good computer ftw! But yea, don't use a Vajra on barrels.

As for the nano saber, it toggles on and off normally, but it's glitching out visually.