Name that explosion!

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

sir_schwick

Jul 29, 2019
I just started up the New World 1.5.2 pack, mostly for Millenaire. I'm quarrying out some cobble in a cave near a village and hear a rumbling but distinct explosion. No creeper noises so what do you think it was?

PeggleFrank

Jul 29, 2019
Possibly cave noises?

If your speakers are funky then it might be making the cave noises sound like some kind of gunshot or explosion.

Chocorate

Jul 29, 2019
The villagers' brains trying to figure out why Notch made them so horrible. :'c

maek mi cry evrytim.
like this if u r against halfassed content.
#wewantedpigmen2013

Bomb Bloke

Jul 29, 2019
"Rumbling" has "thunder" written all over it.

If it was more of a "bang" explosion then maybe you left a BuildCraft conductive pipe system until it overloaded?

zyrax2301

Jul 29, 2019
I'm putting my bet on thunder. I had the same thing happen in my base once, and I frantically ran around checking all of my engines and machines - but nothing had blown up. It didn't sound like normal thunder but I concluded that it must have been.

sir_schwick

Jul 29, 2019
This thunder thing does fit the description. No machines as of yet to blow up. Was not sure if it was something the Millenaire village was doing above me.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
I've heard explosions sometimes and never found out why. No rain, no thunder, just a kaboom and a very confused me.

ex13

Jul 29, 2019
Lightning (and thus thunder) without rainstorms is certainly explainable by thaumcraft, even if you didn't do anything with it yet: There's probably just a dark/unstable node nearby.

PeggleFrank

Jul 29, 2019
If lightning strikes near you it plays the TNT explosion sound.

You probably heard that, and didn't notice the thunder sound that goes along with it.

Fernflourpower

Jul 29, 2019
I think it could be from the Falling Meteors mod? I had one land near my village, but I don't remember hearing anything.

sir_schwick

Jul 29, 2019
It is from Falling Meteors. I just saw it blowing up when I came up from the mine. Heard the explosion a second later. I am really liking New World.