Mytown 2 and FE (ForgeEssentials)

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord
Jul 29, 2019
So im a toatal Noob on this never was good at fixin Essentials or Perms, but i guiess its a first time for everyone.

I'd like som help because im not getting any wiser from the wiki or from reading random posts at forums.

I managed to create a group called Admins (ForgeEssentials) and placed myself in it, how do i progress and allow my group to use for examples the command /t create?

Please answer so relevant and easy explained as possible 'cause my brain is about to melt :/

Forgive my spelling English and its grammar isn't my native language.

Peace out!

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
What? I thought these mods were alternatives... I need to use them together to get player purchasable plots?

Baaleos

Jul 29, 2019
The syntax for permissions is a little daunting to start with - but when you start using them, you will get the hang of it.
Don't forget you can use auto complete via tab - to get a sort of intelisense to help with the syntax.

/p group <GROUPNAME> <allow/deny> <permission id>
the other syntax I like using - particularly for protecting spawn areas or your own castles etc

/p group <GROUPNAME> zone <ZONE NAME/ID> <allow/deny> <permission id>

So for instance: to prevent guests from placing or breaking blocks in my castle

/p group _GUESTS_ zone BaaleosCastle deny fe.protection.break.* fe.protection.place.*

This will prevent placing or breaking of ALL blocks on my land. (the .* denotes a wildcard)
If you wanted to do that protection server wide- then you would take out the 'zone BaaleosCastle' bit - but you wouldnt want to do that, since it would make your server not very fun if no one could place any blocks anywhere.

As an OP, you should by default have most if not all of the permissions needed.
You should probably focus on denying the sensitive commands to guests, opposed to allowing them to admins.

/p group _GUESTS_ deny command.worldedit.*

(Not sure if thats exactly right - I found that players were able to use certain worldedit commands to manufacture diamond blocks - I thought the commands were op only, turned out they werent.
So now I blocked access to all of worldedit, but then granted access to the worldedit selection commands //pos1 //pos2 so the players could still place plots and own property)