Open Server Mystechcraft | 1.5.2 | Custom Pack | Terrain to Y 256 | Galacticraft

• This section is now closed. Server owners can remake their threads in the new server section here. If you are looking for a server you can use both this section and the new section for the time being.

Эрик

Jul 29, 2019
We are currently remodeling. Our excuses.
Мы сейчас ремоделирование. Наши отговорки.
Wij zijn nu verbouwen. Onze excuses.

mystechcraft.com/install

8GB Ram | 100Mbps connection | 24/7/365
IP: server.mystechcraft.com

This is a modded anarchy based factions server running MCPC+ using a custom private FTB modpack.
The difficulty is set to Normal.
Currently, we have 50 slots.
Due to a mod we use, Overworld terrain generation can reach as high as 256 blocks.
Oceans also will have fairly decent sized islands and are deeper now as well.

Griefing and raiding are allowed as this is an anarchy server with factions, but you are protected at spawn and other areas.
Mystcraft age book creation is not allowed.
Solar panels have been reduced to more reasonable power outputs instead of a HV solar panel acting like a nuclear reactor virtually 24/7.
Some other generators have received energy reductions or increases as well.
Lathes currently would be un-craftable due to a bug in Gregtech, however, by typing "/kit tools" in the server, you will receive 8 steel rods which are the needed component to craft lathes.

We run a few plugins, notably Factions and Essentials.
Rules

• Griefing and raiding are allowed, the only exceptions to this are world spawns and worldguard protected areas.
    • Immediately report glitches and do not exploit them. Otherwise, you will be banned if found exploiting a glitch. This includes things that might bypass spawn protection, involve item duplication etc.
    • Do not hack. When caught you will be instantly banned with no chance of returning to the server. Hacking includes xray, speedhacks, etc.
    • Do not request staffing positions. You may only request to do a creative mode build that would be for public use by all members of the server.
    • Do not complain to server operators if you have been griefed or raided. Griefing and raiding are allowed.

Banned/Restricted Items

• Mystcraft Age Books are not craftable.
    • Tome of Alkahests are not craftable, holdable, or useable.
    • Buildcraft builders are not craftable, holdable, or placeable. This is due to a potentially world corrupting bug present in builders.
    • Advanced safes from gregtech are not craftable, holdable, or placeable. This is because they are a semi-unnecessary item, in addition to making the server harder to manage against would-be glitch exploiting players.
    • All forestry backpacks are not craftable, holdable, or useable. These have been proven to be too buggy and therefore will remain removed until it appears they are permanently, no longer buggy.

For a list of mods we use, here is an exhaustive list: mystechcraft.com/modslist.html
Some of the more popular mods that we use include

• Computer Craft *
    • Galacticraft
    • Industrial Craft
    • Buildcraft
    • ICBM Mod
    • Railcraft
    • Applied Energistics
    • Thaumcraft 3
    • Forestry
    • Mystcraft
    • Modular Force Field System
    • RedLogic

For a list of rules in the game, type /rules.

For basic chunk claiming you should create a faction (/f create) and then claim by doing /f claim.

However, these are basic protections and only protect against vanilla chests being opened, vanilla doors being opened, most vanilla items from being interacted with, and construction by another player.

So one of your top priorities should be to build a force-field or a layer of warded stone.
*turtles are disabled.

If you need to contact us, you can email us at [email protected]

Last edited:

123nick

Jul 29, 2019
im not sure if this is the place to recommend mods, but i recommend Power Crystals Power Converters mod, it makes it so you can switch between energy from Universal Electricity with many other mods, including Build craft, Industrialcraft, Factorization, and Railcraft steam. would be a great addition

Эрик

Jul 29, 2019
Yes it's fine to discuss mods here, any general server discussion etc. can go here.

I know about power converters, and I considered adding it. However, I feel that there are already enough ways to convert power around on the server that it is not necessary. If more people ask for it, I'll consider it.

Factorization is not on here (although that might change soon if I see activity from the developer) so that's not anything to talk about atm.
Redpower power can be converted by using a blulectric engine. (Although I'll admit there is not way to go from any other mod to redpower power).
Buildcraft power can be converted to IC2 using the following: Pneumatic generators from transformers mod, or Mekanism Energy Cubes.
Buildcraft to UE can be done by using mekanism energy cubes.
IC2 to buildcraft can be done by using electric engines from either forestry or the transformers mod or Mekanism Energy Cubes.
IC2 to UE can be done with mekanism energy cubes.
UE to Buildcraft or IC2 can be done with mekanism energy cubes.

123nick

Jul 29, 2019
Yes it's fine to discuss mods here, any general server discussion etc. can go here.

I know about power converters, and I considered adding it. However, I feel that there are already enough ways to convert power around on the server that it is not necessary. If more people ask for it, I'll consider it.

Factorization is not on here (although that might change soon if I see activity from the developer) so that's not anything to talk about atm.
Redpower power can be converted by using a blulectric engine. (Although I'll admit there is not way to go from any other mod to redpower power).
Buildcraft power can be converted to IC2 using the following: Pneumatic generators from transformers mod, or Mekanism Energy Cubes.
Buildcraft to UE can be done by using mekanism energy cubes.
IC2 to buildcraft can be done by using electric engines from either forestry or the transformers mod or Mekanism Energy Cubes.
IC2 to UE can be done with mekanism energy cubes.
UE to Buildcraft or IC2 can be done with mekanism energy cubes.

ok, thanks for responding. also do you think it would be ok to make more slots available? 15 is rather small.
-edit-
im having trouble launching the mod pack, it says that the modpack has updated, and when i attempt to download the new version a error apears saying "error downloading modpack!!!"

Эрик

Jul 29, 2019
I can probably bump us up some. I'm really not entirely sure how much we can handle. I've had 11 players online before no lag while nobody was generating new chunks beyond 90k, but never up to 15 have there been online. I can probably bump us up to 25 though so I'll do that tonight.

Strange that that's happening. Do you have an email I can email you at? I can respond faster that way.

123nick

Jul 29, 2019
I can probably bump us up some. I'm really not entirely sure how much we can handle. I've had 11 players online before no lag while nobody was generating new chunks beyond 90k, but never up to 15 have there been online. I can probably bump us up to 25 though so I'll do that tonight.

Strange that that's happening. Do you have an email I can email you at? I can respond faster that way.
yeah, should i PM you my email or just reply with it?

Эрик

Jul 29, 2019
Go up to the very top, hover over 'inbox' and then click the light gray text, 'start a new conversation'. Just copy pasta Эрик into the participants field, type message, send.

123nick

Jul 29, 2019
ok, a few more mods i recommend :

Gascraft:adds gas to make gas traps and use natural gas found deep underground as fuel
Minechem: allows you to disasemble items to there chemical elements, and re-arange them in other ways, awesome mod if you ask me.
Xenos Reliquary: adds cool magic items that help you play the game, along with a handgun. neat little mod.

also, do you know when the updating bug will be fixed? my friend got the bug as well :/

----EDT----

my friend wants you to add all of the gun packs from the flans mod MC forums page, and i think i would like that too. and by all i mean ALL :D

Эрик

Jul 29, 2019
Minechem and Xeno's Reliquary with Tome of Alkahest removed will be added on Monday (3/18/13).
Gascraft is not developed enough I feel to add it yet.

All the guns from flan's I really see no reason to add all of them. Perhaps your friend can convince me.

RobZ

Jul 29, 2019
Minechem and Xeno's Reliquary with Tome of Alkahest removed will be added on Monday (3/18/13).
Gascraft is not developed enough I feel to add it yet.

All the guns from flan's I really see no reason to add all of them. Perhaps your friend can convince me.

Alright, am Nick's friend, RobZ. I really want you to add "Flan's modern weapons, Manus Vehicle Pack, The Dutch Weaponry Pack, Battlefield 3 Pack, Modern Weapons Plus, WW2+ Pack and Modern Assault Weapons Pack. First reason is i REALLY like guns and vehicles, and your mod pack is the best and biggest i have ever played, which would make it even better if you could add all these mods. And second, with all this guns and vehicles to choose from we have a lot more to use which makes it more fun, because it will take so long to get tired of them all. And it just adds so much more variety of guns. So if you could please add all those mods i would really appreciate that! :)

Эрик

Jul 29, 2019
Oh so you've already been on the server? Or just in ssp? Haven't seen you around yet. Thanks for giving me a more concise list as I can do most of that. However, ww2+ pack I won't add as we already have ww2 pack and I don't want to have to deal with any potential issues arising from that. The rest of those I'd be fine with adding.[DOUBLEPOST=1363125439][/DOUBLEPOST]
Alright, am Nick's friend, RobZ. I really want you to add "Flan's modern weapons, Manus Vehicle Pack, The Dutch Weaponry Pack, Battlefield 3 Pack, Modern Weapons Plus, WW2+ Pack and Modern Assault Weapons Pack. First reason is i REALLY like guns and vehicles, and your mod pack is the best and biggest i have ever played, which would make it even better if you could add all these mods. And second, with all this guns and vehicles to choose from we have a lot more to use which makes it more fun, because it will take so long to get tired of them all. And it just adds so much more variety of guns. So if you could please add all those mods i would really appreciate that! :)
side-note: first I need to know if private server packs are still being updated by FTB >.>
Maybe they're just taking a week off :p

123nick

Jul 29, 2019
hey, i heard gascraft got updated, with 6 gasses and stuff, big update i think. you can read more on the MC forums page, but now will you consider adding it? its certainly more developed now.

123nick

Jul 29, 2019
having trouble getting the mod pack again, tried to re install by deleting and redownloading, but when i typed the code in, the mod pack doesent come up and i get a error in the console. :(

Эрик

Jul 29, 2019
I will not be adding the Dutch Weaponry pack as further development on it has been discontinued.
I will also not be adding Manus Vehicle Pack until I can update the server to 1.5.
I will only add modern weapons, not plus (you can only have one or the other) as plus requires some dependencies I don't want on the server right now. Maybe in the 1.5 update I'll add plus.
So to recap, Modern Weapons will be added.
I am waiting on the content pack author of Battlefield 3 and Modern Assault Weapons pack for permission to distribute.

Update should be pushed sometime tomorrow/today (3/14/2013). Will provide a list of changes here when pushed.