Mystcraft world quarries and power?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Bloodmorphed

Jul 29, 2019
So this post is two questions:

What is the best mystcraft world to make for quarry mining? I don't think dense ores would be very useful as the instability of it is horrid, and balacing it could pose a problem.

Powering the quarry with a Tesseract - I know it's a 25% loss in power when sending. However... How many electric engines hooked up to a mfsu do I need for it to go at a decent rate?

Bloodmorphed

Jul 29, 2019
Hm. I'll have to look up all the myst craft items. I don't know how to do all that stuff. Lol

Seems like the biome your speaking of isn't on the wiki :(

EDIT: Ah, you have to find the pages. Well that kind of sucks. Plus, does your linking book disappear everytime you use it? Or is that not supposed to happen?

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
Plus, does your linking book disappear everytime you use it? Or is that not supposed to happen?
When you use your linking book to return back to where it links to, the book stays exactly where it was left. If if happened to be in your hand, it lands on the ground where you were. It's recommended to use lecterns or book stands to place your linking book so it will be there if/when you return to that age. (Books left on the ground can take damage and be destroyed)

OlexaKid64

Jul 29, 2019
The best quarrying age for Mystcraft would have to be a flat, eternal day, extreme hills. You can get many emeralds without having to worry about hills or mobs. Also add in the mineshafts page and dungeons so you can get the loot from the chests. For powering the quarry, I'd suggest electric engines and solar panels for reliable power. Especially in an eternal day world.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
The best quarrying age for Mystcraft would have to be a flat, eternal day, extreme hills. You can get many emeralds without having to worry about hills or mobs. Also add in the mineshafts page and dungeons so you can get the loot from the chests. For powering the quarry, I'd suggest electric engines and solar panels for reliable power. Especially in an eternal day world.

The problem with extreme hills are the extreme hills. The surface starts pretty high up. You have to dig through a lot of cobble until you get to ore-bearing layers, or you have to do all your quarrying underground. Last time I did an extreme hills mining age I used a Steve's Cart mining cart to dig a nice shaft down to the ore layers, then used it to mine out the space for each quarry before placing the quarries.

When I want emeralds I use an MFR Laser Drill. Use rich slag on the nether emerald ore and then fortune 3 on all the emerald ore and you end up with quite a bit. Can even add foci to get more emeralds than default. I just checked AE back at the main base, 81,000 emeralds in the system. Need a way to automate villager trading. :)

Bloodmorphed

Jul 29, 2019
Alrighty

Another question: The people I play with, we have our bases around 700 meters away from each other however me and another are nearly 2000 meters away. Running that far every time I want to go see her base is kinda bbeeeehhhhh. So, any teleporting (NO PORTAL GUN!!!!!!!)

Larmonade

Jul 29, 2019
Industrialcraft has a teleporter that uses LOTS of EU per operation.

Alternatively, you could always set up a rail system. Vanilla minecarts would work fine, and railcraft adds more options for additional speed, automatic disembarking, etc, iirc.

DriftinFool

Jul 29, 2019
You can make a linking book that is intra linking by putting gold dust into the ink in the mixer. You need 6-8 gold dust or so. The page will actually say intra linking in your inventory so you know it worked. When you take out the page to make a link book, it can be used to link around the same dimension so make 2 books like that and link one at your base and one at hers on book stands and you have instant teleport. I use them to get around my world.

masa

Jul 29, 2019
If you have biome mods installed, for example Biomes O' Plenty, then you can also get emeralds on other biomes than Extreme Hills/(Edge). That way you can make a flat age where the surface is at a reasonable y-level, and still has emeralds.
Also, the tesseract energy loss was changed to 20% in the 1.5.x versions of TE.
Last, in my experience, the best/fastest way of getting Mystcraft pages is to create a few random ages until you end up with a flat, stable-ish age, and then just run around in straight lines looking for Abandoned Libraries. I have gotten most of the pages that way in a few hours of exploring in such an age. Of course creating random ages might be pretty dangerous, so better to have armor and a jetpack or similar on, and a linking book home in your hotbar :) Although the instabilities are much rarer in the new versions of mystcraft due to the grammar system changes.

Bagman817

Jul 29, 2019
So this post is two questions:

What is the best mystcraft world to make for quarry mining? I don't think dense ores would be very useful as the instability of it is horrid, and balacing it could pose a problem.

Powering the quarry with a Tesseract - I know it's a 25% loss in power when sending. However... How many electric engines hooked up to a mfsu do I need for it to go at a decent rate?

While this isn't a direct answer to your question, consider setting up a quarry in the Twilight Forest. Quarry + Large Mound = profit =)

Methusalem

Jul 29, 2019
I don't think dense ores would be very useful as the instability of it is horrid, and balacing it could pose a problem.

Dense Ores makes a huge difference in how many (vanilla) resources you get from your quarry. You can add some instabilities yourself to avoid things like meteors, decay or crumble.

My standard mining age: Extreme Hills, Flat, Dense Ores, 3x Charged, 3x Scorched. The quarry is always set up under ground at y55(ish). A Filler can clear the required 64x5x64 area in less than 5 minutes.

Bloodmorphed

Jul 29, 2019
You can make a linking book that is intra linking by putting gold dust into the ink in the mixer. You need 6-8 gold dust or so. The page will actually say intra linking in your inventory so you know it worked. When you take out the page to make a link book, it can be used to link around the same dimension so make 2 books like that and link one at your base and one at hers on book stands and you have instant teleport. I use them to get around my world.

I have no idea what you are talking about. I can't put gold dust into the ink mixer.

EDIT: Yes oops sorry I can. However. I used 2 stacks on gold dust, and it DID not work. If it takes that much gold dust to make even 1 intra linking book. Thats ridiculous.

LOL I'm an idiot. It made it but wasted 2 stacks of gold. lololol

masa

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah the intra-linking is a chance based property, adding more increases the chance, but I guess it is never guaranteed. I usually put about 2 pieces of dust per page, and it works about half of the time. The ones that don't get intra-linking, I just use for inter-dimension linking.