Mystcraft Update Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

AutodidacticPhD

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, just so you know, that expected lag lasts WAY longer than 15 minutes on my machine with the worst of it dropping down to a handful of ticks per minute... and while I admit I'm long overdue for an upgrade, I can still get away with playing most "and the kitchen sink" modpacks without too much hasstle, so I'm not pushing the envelope *that* much. Maybe there's a bad interaction..? I dunno. It isn't like there's a lot of relative codespew in the launcher logs, so I'm mostly left scratching my head.

Now, this wouldn't be too much of a problem except that I like to seed hunt. Which makes this madness very much not a one time deal for me. Is there no way to set the config to just do this check once for all saves or have a command line option to pause/postpone it until I know whether I actually like a particular seed or not? Maybe a single file I can transfer between saves from one that has already suffered through the MCweek of 1000 lag spikes? Something else I'm missing maybe? If not, then it seems my only option is to set the config to assume default values and then just shut down instability (because I am definitely not running with default values)... at least, as far as I can tell.

Anyway, can't recall where exactly to look for my forge version, but I'm using Mystcraft 1.7.10-0.12.3
Any help would be appreciated, and I guess I'll just try to make my own "instability" in the mean time... not that I'm really into lots of OP ages *shrug*

(edit: in case I'm being too circumlocutious, I am following the advice of switching the useconfig in core and shutting off instability, then adding things like dark lighting or meteors on the honour system if I feel it is warented... never much liked the decay system anyway *shrug*)

Last edited:

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
There is definitely some mod interaction messing up the baseline profiling. It affects my 1710 server pack as well.

The work-around:

In config/mystcraft/core.cfg, change
B:useconfigs=false
to true. Then, defaults appropriate for the vanilla overworld will be entered into the config file as editable text.

You can give yourself more "Free ores", or less free ores.

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
it seems my only option is to set the config to assume default values and then just shut down instability (because I am definitely not running with default values)... at least, as far as I can tell.
Sorry, I missed that. You can increase the numbers that are put into the config file. You could, for example, double all the numbers if you wanted to mostly ignore the harshness and instability.

AutodidacticPhD

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry, I missed that. You can increase the numbers that are put into the config file. You could, for example, double all the numbers if you wanted to mostly ignore the harshness and instability.
Yeah, I figure it's a 6 one way half dozen the other thing. I have no idea how all the different mods have twiddled the numbers, so... *shrug* I'm just going with the console command that toggles instability rather than spend hours trying to sort it out, neh? Besides, my pack has both minechem and immersive engineering... me worrying about ore balance would be a bit like a billionaire worrying about budgeting their vacation in Las Vegas. ;)

Either way, thanks for the input. At least it helps confirm I'm not missing anything obvious.

B

BequhWorld

Ladies and gentlemen, there is a fix.

Whether you play on a server or single player with the new mystcraft, here's what you do.

Go to My Computer > C drive > FTB folder > (Your game such as direwolf or FTBinfinity) > minecraft > config > mystcraft (folder)

Once you are in the mystcraft folder, click on core.cfg

Once that is open, scroll down in the file until you reach baselining. Here are the settings that will disable the auto login.

baselining {
# If false, the profiling will run on game startup with the loading bar. If true, it will run in the background when playing. Setting this to false disables tickrate checking, even on the server.
B:client.persave=false

# If set to true this will prevent clients from connecting while baseline profiling is ongoing (Only works on dedicated servers)
B:server.disconnectclients=false

# This controls the minimum number ot ticks to wait before a new chunk will be generated when doing the baseline profiling in the background.
I:tickrate.minimum=5

# If true, the baseline calculations won't run and instead a config file will be read.
B:useconfigs=true
}

Make sure the bottom one is set to true. Save the file, close out your launcher, restart.

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
Wow, that is a necro.

But yea, that was mentioned in an earlier post numbered the answer (42).

Is this still an issue for anyone? Is profiling still not completing for people?

Reactions: BequhWorld
D

Darchitect

Yeah, custom pack in 1.7.10. Still never manages to finish.

Status
Not open for further replies.