Mystcraft Update Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shandraya

Jul 29, 2019
I have version of 1.11 installed, the current for Direwolf20.

I installed the version you mentioned which conflicted with a few other mods in Direwolf20 but those are minor and I can live with them for now, it fixed the issue which is driving me crazy right now, thanks.

BTW just a little comment on your post
Which version of Mystcraft are you using? Please do not say "Latest".
Just to say "which version" sufficiently states your requested information. It's very impolite to assume I am THAT stupid.

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
You would be surprised at how many people say "Latest" when asked which version. I'm not assuming you are stupid; I'm just doing basic level 1 question asking.

So your issue is solved with the current 0.12.3 release? Great.

Reactions: Watchful11

Shandraya

Jul 29, 2019
It is all fixed, thanks.
You have no idea how annoying it was and how many forums I searched :/
Also updated minefactory reloaded and buildcraft which also fixed the errors I was getting after the mystcraft update.

Shandraya

Jul 29, 2019
I'm now running version 0.12.3 (as previous comments state i updated) but since the big mod pack update with ftb direwolf20 this morning, or was that yesterday myscraft have started baking cakes :/
I dont think mystcraft is the problem Since im running the same mystcraft version I already had installed prior to the update and it worked just fine then. don't know which mod is causing it though nor how to fix it.
Had many issues since this update .wish I could roll back but don't know if that's possible or how to do it.

Last edited:

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019

Latest version I think.

You would be surprised at how many people say "Latest" when asked which version. I'm not assuming you are stupid; I'm just doing basic level 1 question asking.

0.12.3 is the current version. I'm not aware of it being in any major modpack yet. 0.12.2 fixed a bug in profiling; 0.12.0 gave a config option to eliminate the profiling age completely. So which version, and what are your config settings? ("default config settings" is fine, but "latest" is not a version.)

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
I am questioning the "1 off" part of this ... I have had the "Mystcraft is baking a cake" notice and lag every game start since DW20 pack updated to 1.6.1 about a week ago (it was fine on 1.5, and I thought the process was in that and happened once) the mystcraft version is mystcraft-1.7.10-0.12.0.00

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
I am questioning the "1 off" part of this ... I have had the "Mystcraft is baking a cake" notice and lag every game start since DW20 pack updated to 1.6.1 about a week ago (it was fine on 1.5, and I thought the process was in that and happened once) the mystcraft version is mystcraft-1.7.10-0.12.0.00

0.12.3 is the current version. I'm not aware of it being in any major modpack yet. 0.12.2 fixed a bug in profiling; 0.12.0 gave a config option to eliminate the profiling age completely.

I feel like it's time to start repeating a modified Vogon Captain Public Service Announcement every page ...

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
I'm now running version 0.12.3 (as previous comments state i updated) but since the big mod pack update with ftb direwolf20 this morning, or was that yesterday myscraft have started baking cakes :/
I dont think mystcraft is the problem Since im running the same mystcraft version I already had installed prior to the update and it worked just fine then. don't know which mod is causing it though nor how to fix it.
Had many issues since this update .wish I could roll back but don't know if that's possible or how to do it.

Sorry, I thought you were good at this point. Are you still having troubles with mystcraft, and if so, what is happening?

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry Noob error ... I saw there were only 2 pages so decided to read them all .. but at the bottom of page 1 came to my 'ready to respond' box and forgot about page 2 ... until the message of more responses popped up!

Anyhow, I don't normally update an individual mod when playing a mod pack, I guess it will be a matter of if I can hold out until the pack fixes it.

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
Alright, then another option is to use the config option in 0.12.0 to say "Use config file instead of baseline profiling". I don't recall the name of the option, it's in there. Turn in it, run it once, and numbers for vanilla standard oregen will be added to the core config file.

If you have vanilla standard oregen, you're done.
If you have 50% more than normal, raise all the numbers by 50%.

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
OK I have had a look and I think this is the one you mean, in core.cfg - B:useconfigs=false (change to true)
But I am wondering if I also need to change this - B:client.persave=true (I am not on a server but I know "client" is not that specific)

#Edit True is background - false is loading bar

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, I have the configs open. Yea, core.cfg has that flag, and it writes the data to balance.cfg

That "persave" flag is ignored if you turn useconfigs on.

Shandraya

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry, I thought you were good at this point. Are you still having troubles with mystcraft, and if so, what is happening?
Since the big mod pack update mystcraft has started running a profiling every load regardless of having 0.12.3 installed. (The modpack replaced it with 0.12.0 so had to reinstall).
Its not the same issue I was having originally, and reason for this post. It is just a very quick profile at launch of world that just gives serious lag for about 2 minutes, Only an issue if I'm not in a safe place.

I changed the config in 0.12.3 version as you instructed Ocker and problem SOLVED!

:D

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
It is just a very quick profile at launch of world that just gives serious lag for about 2 minutes, Only an issue if I'm not in a safe place.

I changed the config in 0.12.3 version as you instructed Ocker and problem SOLVED!
:D

Ohh ... bleep it! Xcw won't like to hear that, but he needs to hear it.

If it goes away by setting the baseline profiling to use configs, then it's a problem of the baseline profiling being redone every time. Which should not be happening anymore. At all. Not. Happening.

Reactions: AutodidacticPhD
Status
Not open for further replies.