Mystcraft Sky Island

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

InfinitySquirrel

Jul 29, 2019
I need help creating a specific Mystcraft world, for the most part I know the grammar behind the pages, however I am having troubles with this one. I want a single floating island, grass, a few trees and maybe a lake or two, large-ish so I can live there (on a server that is starting to get a bit crowded with possible threats). I also want eternal day with no weather, but I can do most of the specifics myself. The problem is I cant seem to get the single island (I have randomed worlds with single islands, but they don't have what I want) I tried skylands page and got tons of islands everywhere, I tried a void page and got a 5x5 floating stone platform with nothing else. Did I just have bad luck? Or is there a better page or combination to use? If nothing else I will get a ton of stone and dirt and build off of the 5x5 platform, but I would rather not.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure it's an option to have a single island with the skylands biome. You'd need to use a void age and build it up. You could replace the stone with grass if you have the right symbols.

If you have Ex Aquilio it's pretty easy to make this work, assuming you have a sapling or two to start with.

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

InfinitySquirrel

Jul 29, 2019
Well I guess it wont take all that long, at least I can determine exactly what size/shape the island is. Will still be checking to see if anyone finds what I am looking for though, so please feel free to reply if you have discovered anything.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
For a void age? It's a 5x5 stone surface, and that's all you get.
Unless you mean something else, in which case, sorry, I should be heading to bed.

jaycron

Jul 29, 2019
I think there's a page called end (or ender or something along those lines) that makes a sky island generate in an otherwise empty world, like how the end does.

InfinitySquirrel

Jul 29, 2019
Well, looks like I can either find a end page (if its in this version) or build on the 5x5 stone platform from void page. Thanks for the help everyone.

cjohnson

Jul 29, 2019
My personal template is:
link panel
biome of choice
single biome
stone block
no seas for void, or any fluid(oil will be unstable)
island world
These are the basic must haves.
Add these if you have them to combat randomness
normal lighting
natural foliage color
natural grass color
natural water color
normal moon
zero length
zenith phase
normal sun
normal stars, ender starfield is nice for a magical island