Mystcraft Problems. Error with Ender storage when i shift click things into it.

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Sky2hawk

Jul 29, 2019
The error I get when I try to shift click content into Ender storage is the following error. http://pastebin.com/Uep2vp9R

The other problem is harder to describe. When my mystcraft books are either in their stands or lecterns only I can use them properly, when my friends try and use them in the lecterns they only hit the object like if hitting a log of wood. Neither does the the nametag of the book come up above it when you walk close to it. I would paste a pastebin link if there had been any error messages but it has not. The books are only useable by my friends when they are in their inventories.

ninta

Jul 29, 2019
im not a minecraft modder but that pastebin error looks like a recursive function without a break point. it looks like a baseclass too wich makes me think theres either a problem with forge or the installation of forge has somehow gone wrong.

might be an idea to backup your worlds and reinstall FTB.

frederikam

Jul 29, 2019
If i knew anything about this i would help you, but it just seems like a mystcraft bug, try updating mystcraft.

Vauthil

Jul 29, 2019
Sky2hawk: How close are those books to your spawn point?

If they're very close, check your server.properties and look for spawn-protection=blah (usually by default when it shows, it's 16). Lower that number, preferably to 0, unless you want a specific radius around spawn protected. In that case, you need to not have anything you want anybody to interact with inside that radius; only server ops can interact with stuff (including mystcraft agebooks on stands/lecterns) inside that radius.

Reactions: Meldiron

Meldiron

Jul 29, 2019
The shift clicking into ender thingies is a known bug i believe, fixed in the latest version of ender storage if im not mistaken.

As for the books, this probably isn't the problem but since books are used with right mouse button not left shouldn't your friends be hitting the books at all if they are doing it right so make sure they use the right button.
Also Vauthil is a genious....

Vauthil

Jul 29, 2019
Also Vauthil is a genious....

1) Only if I'm right about this. =)
2) Far from genius, I've done this before. Only reason I figured it out is because I actually use a separate Minecraft account for ops on my server from the one I actually play with. There were some colorful speech bubbles from me until this dawned on me. It also was making it super fun for people to enter the spawn point house where we had an iron door/pressure plate setup. =)

Sky2hawk

Jul 29, 2019
The right clicking becomes Left clicking on the mystcraft books. Shall look into what Vauthil suggested. Right now they are close to my beds, which are hundreds of blocks from the original spawn point.

Sky2hawk

Jul 29, 2019
Sky2hawk: How close are those books to your spawn point?

If they're very close, check your server.properties and look for spawn-protection=blah (usually by default when it shows, it's 16). Lower that number, preferably to 0, unless you want a specific radius around spawn protected. In that case, you need to not have anything you want anybody to interact with inside that radius; only server ops can interact with stuff (including mystcraft agebooks on stands/lecterns) inside that radius.

Okay changed that option. It's working now he can use them like I can. But still I don't get an title hovering over the book telling me it's leading to "Age 2". Any thoughts?

Vauthil

Jul 29, 2019
In mystcraft_config.txt on your client you want to find "options.renderlabels". Make that true rather than false in your client config.

Reactions: Sky2hawk

Sky2hawk

Jul 29, 2019
In mystcraft_config.txt on your client you want to find "options.renderlabels". Make that true rather than false in your client config.

Ah, Wasn't sure there was such an option. Should have checked. ^^ Thanks anyways!

Sky2hawk

Jul 29, 2019
The Ender chest Problem is probably an incompatibility with some of my other mods. I'm using a slightly modded version of the FTB pack.

Vauthil

Jul 29, 2019
The Ender chest Problem is probably an incompatibility with some of my other mods. I'm using a slightly modded version of the FTB pack.

Actually it isn't your problem, it seems. I was just able to duplicate this on my end in my little SSP test world.

I probably would've never run into this because in 1.3.2 I couldn't reliably shift-click into Ender Storage chests at all, so I just stopped trying to do it at all.

Time to go set up a testbed instance with just EnderStorage in a vacuum and see what happens...

Sky2hawk

Jul 29, 2019
Actually it isn't your problem, it seems. I was just able to duplicate this on my end in my little SSP test world.

I probably would've never run into this because in 1.3.2 I couldn't reliably shift-click into Ender Storage chests at all, so I just stopped trying to do it at all.

Time to go set up a testbed instance with just EnderStorage in a vacuum and see what happens...

Hmmm.... I shall await what you discover then. Either way I'll just have to unlearn shift-clicking into it for a while.

Vauthil

Jul 29, 2019
Looks to be fixed when using the latest EnderStorage/CodeChickenCore, both in vacuum and with the rest of the FTB pack as-is.

So, solution: No shift-clicking until the FTB pack updates to have this new version, unless you want to make people on your server manually download/install stuff.

Edit: Also confirmed that this does crash in a vacuum with the versions provided in the FTB pack, just to be thorough, so yes, it's completely an issue with the included version. =)

Sky2hawk

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, I'm making them update manually. Since I'm basically running the mods I used on my normal minecraft before on FTB now. I shall try updating both.

Vauthil, would you mind sharing what versions of CC core and EnderStorage you're using to make it work?