Problem Mystcraft on infinity causing users to disconnect

crazyonerob

Jul 29, 2019
Hi Guys, I am working on setting up a FTB infinity server for my friends and I, and while testing it I get kicked every time i create a new mystcraft age. The server I am using has Xeon 5410 CPUS in it and 32gb ram total. I have dedicated 24gb of it to the modded server to see if that would help any nothing. I am running java 1.8 right now but have tired java 1.7 with the same results on the server. I have tried a ram disk and putting the system on an ssd and that didn't help ether. The Server is a Debian 64bit (also tried ubuntu 64bit with no difference). Here is what i get at the console when i try to create a new dimension. http://pastebin.com/DM7ExFgi After I get kicked fully, I can log back in and start exploring with major lag. but overworld world gen isn't an issue like this.

For my client, if it helps my setup is, 8gb ram(out of 32) dedicated to minecraft and the system is an i7 4790k and ssd drive for everything and a GTX 970 video card.

Any Help on this would be great. I have been trying to figure out the issue for the last few days.

JiFMike

Jul 29, 2019
Hi,

Did you ever solve this problem? I am having the same issue with my server. This problem is not isolated to Mystcraft though, the first time someone went to the Twilight Forest all players were disconnected. Now we wait to generate new ages in Mystcraft till only a few of us are on the server and everyone is ok with getting dc'd constantly. Any info you have, or anyone else for that matter, would be greatly appreciated.

We are running Infinity 1.3.4, but this was happening on the previous version as well.

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
You will probably also have this with RFTools dimensions. This is not something that can be fixed easily. About the only way is upgrading your server to be more powerful. Generation of dimensions is simply very hard.

JiFMike

Jul 29, 2019
OK, my host has said that things look normal on their side, but I will inform them and see what they say. We switched from Icehenge to Infinity only a few days ago and did not have this problem on that pack, so I was hoping it was something simpler. Thanks for the info.

crazyonerob

Jul 29, 2019
Hi jifmike. No i have not been able to figure out what is going on. Sadly I jsut gave up on it as my server is plenty powerful enough. Never have issues normaly and Just with Mystcraft it seems.

crazyonerob

Jul 29, 2019
You will probably also have this with RFTools dimensions. This is not something that can be fixed easily. About the only way is upgrading your server to be more powerful. Generation of dimensions is simply very hard.
Mcjty I take it that my server isnt powerful enough even though it for the most part a beast of a server. yeah its not the newest out but I would think an Xeon 5410 would be just fine for this task. Oh the Joys of Java sometimes. One thing I noticed is the CPU load never really goes up when I was creating worlds to try and figure it out.

JiFMike

Jul 29, 2019
I have switched hosts and am happy to report the problem has gone away. We've also noticed a number of other performance enhancements on the new host. So I think McJty is right, if this is happening to you, your hardware just isn't up to speed. We've been on the new host for about 24 hours now and we're loving it!