mystcraft - mindcrack

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

wendictive

Jul 29, 2019
i believe i head slow say on the live stream that mystcraft would be in the mindcrack version....i see it in DW20 pack... so where is it?

raiju

Jul 29, 2019
last I heard they are waiting are waiting for mystcraft to be improved, not sure if that was in reference to the bugs or to how incomplete it is.

drazath

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe they'll add it in an update - think there was some conflict with Traincraft that prevented it to be added before.

heavy1metal

Jul 29, 2019
I thought mindcrack wanted a challenge pack, to make it difficult. Mystcraft can create dense ore worlds and create easy mode laval-fueled gens. If you want mindcrack with mystcraft, you're better off waiting for the ultimate pack <3

raiju

Jul 29, 2019
That is part of the development issue with mystcraft right now - the guy making it (apologies I am bad with names) has mentioned that the system for obtaining runes and such is placeholder right now.

Spacevagrant

Jul 29, 2019
Mindcrack is definitely going to have Mystcraft in it at some point. They are waiting for some bugs to be fixed the last I heard. Avidyazen said he was going to start stock piling books in his last video and Blame the Controller mentioned that they where waiting for some bugs to be fixed before it was added to the pack.

Georgie

Jul 29, 2019
It can still be added manually though (server and client versions both), but it is necessary to delete the original config file upon adding.

Glowstrontium

Jul 29, 2019
Also there's currently a server crash bug with mystcraft portals, which happens if any entity (other than players) enters one, so They're probably waiting for an official update to take care of that.

Georgie

Jul 29, 2019
yeah that's exactly why, just saying that if a server doesn't mind a buggy version then they can add it themselves with rather little effort (dragndrop zip into mods folder)

Mranonymous426

Jul 29, 2019
What do you mean by, "Original Config File." I'm having a problem with linking books because when i right click them, the square is grayed out, not black, and I can't click it to go back to the over world. I have forge 474 and im running Mindcrack v7. Any suggestions?

Greytusks

Jul 29, 2019
Mindcrack v7 uses forge 489, did you downgrade your forge version manually?

Xcompwiz mentions this on his blog:

There a few frequent issues in the current Mystcraft release. I wish to address these here.
1) Mystcraft requires Forge 474 or later. I’m sorry for not managing to get the requirement tag in the build. I was running multiple builds at that time, and it didn’t make it into the release branch. This fixes the crash on visit age issue.
2) Crashing on sending entities through portals: This is actually a Minecraft issue which Mystcraft just managed to trigger. I’d avoided it before, but accidentally put it back in when updating. Forge added a fix around 493 for this.
3) Crashing when saving is an issue with dimensions unregistration. It is happening a little too early. This is fixed in the dev builds thanks to cpw for adding an event to FML for me to use on server shutdown. This will be fixed in the next release.

Note the part about needing forge 493+ to fix the entity bug. You could manually upgrade your forge version, but I am not sure if the mods in the v7 pack are compatible with Forge v493+, however. I haven't tried, as I am patiently waiting for the next version of Mystcraft, which should be awesome (celestial symbols to control the moon(s) and sun(s)! plus maybe seas using the liquid dictionary!)

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019
If you watch the forgecraft streams you'll see the trouble they go through to generate even a single world (the void world they're using as a nexus was OP created).