[MystCraft] Making a Linking Book

Zerro

Jul 29, 2019
Greetings,

I was wondering, since 1.4.7, has the recipe for making a Linking Book (Place a vanilla book in a crafting table) changed? I can't seem to figure out how to craft a Linking Book.

Thanks for the assistance.

Vicerious

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, it's different.

You have to make a linking panel in the Ink Mixer (1 paper + 1 ink).
Then craft the linking panel with 1 leather (shapeless).

You need to make linking panels for descriptive books, too.

Lohengrin

Jul 29, 2019
You also can put additives into the ink mixer before taking the link panel out to have a chance to give the panel extra properties. The common one being intralinking, IE link book usable in same dimension. Each additive increases the chance you will get that property added, though no guarantee. I find about four gold dust is a good number to get a intralink panel. Doesn't always work, but 90% of the time. Mostly when I get complacent and don't bother to time it right. But 4 is a decent number with a large margin of error. 6 if you are terrible at luck or use the mouse with your feet or something. Less if you are a ninja or tight on resources. Don't recall the other properties, honestly never bothered to look or care. I know it is like Following and Disarming and maybe another. Not sure if those are implemented though, again, never tried.

Zerro

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, it's different.

You have to make a linking panel in the Ink Mixer (1 paper + 1 ink).
Then craft the linking panel with 1 leather (shapeless).

You need to make linking panels for descriptive books, too.

So many different ideas :\

Quick Question: Are there any drawbacks to making the item have a battery opposed to regular damage values?