mystcraft, instable age and no idea whats causing it anymore.

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Yourfanboy

Jul 29, 2019
Alright, i started looking at mystcraft because i kept running out of oil and the oil field biomes just seem amazing for solving that problem. Now after a few attempts of creating this age, i just keep getting instability despite following a youtube tutorial which told me things like dense ores would cause instability and filling in as much as possible would reduce the chance but it still isn't working which is starting to annoy the crap out of me.. Oil being on fire isn't very productive!

I have got(in this order):
Desert oil field biome
Single biome
Zero lenght
Zenith
Normal sun
Normal Stars
Normal moon
No weather
Normal Lighting
Cyan
Sky color
Red
Cloud color
Yellow
Sunset Color
Caves
Ravines
Spheres
Crystal formations
Villages
Strongholds
Dungeons
Oil block
Deep lakes
Oil block
End stone block
Standard terrain

Anyone that wouldn't mind pointing me in the right direction?

Lisranda

Jul 29, 2019
Agreed -- "Oil Block" adds a GREAT deal of instability. I've countered the Oil Block in an Oil Ocean age with Charged (knowing it will cause fire), Scorched Surface, and Meteors x 2 and STILL ended up with additional negative modifiers AND decay before.

Yourfanboy

Jul 29, 2019
"Oil block"
Remove them then it should be fine.
Also you have it twice.
And end stone block? Strange.
Thanks.

I saw direwolf do it with lava in his age writing tutorial(the 2x, 1 for standard terrain, 1 for deep lakes) i figured concidering i'd use the age for nothing but oil pumping, i might aswell do the same but for oil ;)
Also, there is no sand block so i just took the first block so the grammar system wouldn't autofill in something worse(can't really think of anything but hey! :p)