Mystcraft infinite oil?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

masshuu

Jul 29, 2019
So i noticed, in my age with my mining operation that it had the "water erosion instability" where the water spreads, I also noticed this pool of oil growing in size to and its grown quite a bit.

I haven't cared to try and fine some but does this also include lava?

Also, does anyone have a refining operation that uses this seemingly infinite oil?

Sphinx2k

Jul 29, 2019
Are you sure that is is oil?
One kind of instability is a "black decay" of i am not totally wrong. Or if Oil flows in flowing water, the water gets the oil texture sometimes but is still water.

masshuu

Jul 29, 2019
Should make an oil platform. As the whole age is swallowed up by oil, it becomes near infinite source of fuel. All thats left is a man, his dog, and a multi-billionEMC oil Derick. Did I mention there would be oil?

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
It gets better... the latest Mystcraft changes how symbols work entirely, and introduces a number of new possibilities. Among them, the option to replace all liquids generated by the terrain generator with another liquid of your choice. Lava already works, but apparently there will be custom symbols for most of the liquid registry liquids in the future.

single biome + ocean biome + custom liquid = ...yeah, I'm sure you can imagine.

slay_mithos

Jul 29, 2019
Well, if it is flowing, that means that there is at least one source block.

And in the first screen shot, we can see multiple blocks that don't seem to be flowing, so that might be the sources.

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
It looks like the oil is spreading, get yourself a 'dry' age, and import an oil bucket or two. (otherwise you'll get water in the mix)

It still wont be infinite oil though, you'll run out of blocks to erode (I'm sure theres a use for an igneous extruder...)

Latest mystcraft- giving yourself any 'resource' oceans will wreak havoc with instability.

MagusUnion

Jul 29, 2019
I just keep making desert ages because they have a higher chance to generate oil spawn (afaik)...

Course, I would mind a liquid methane ocean with ice and dark orange sky... Props if you know what astronomical body I'm talking about :D

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Titan. Now if only you could control the appearence of the moons, that would really make a impact.

Me, I'd prefer a map of mars 1:1 scale :p

Reactions: MagusUnion

Evil Hamster

Jul 29, 2019
I just keep making desert ages because they have a higher chance to generate oil spawn (afaik)...

Course, I would mind a liquid methane ocean with ice and dark orange sky... Props if you know what astronomical body I'm talking about :D

I'd love a world to exploit with GIANT jungles inhabited by blue monkeys :D

masshuu

Jul 29, 2019
Sooo as it turns out, oil is bad. My Quary is breaking down mid operation due to the fact it can't mine blocks under oil and the oil is "everwere" now.

SO I figure I can spend significant time and resources building so I can quary out further or find a new age.