Request Mystcraft help :)

MrHerZ

Jul 29, 2019
So I was wondering if you could do a stable mystcraft age that includes a flat world and the garden biome. No caves, normal light, normal sun, always day, no weather. And maybe put a purple or red sky to that?

wormmus

Jul 29, 2019
You're going to write it like this:

(!) Biome (Garden)
(!) Biome Layout (Single Biome)
(!) Biome Modifier (Flat)
Zero Length
Zenith Phase (Makes it so the sun is always "up")
(!) Sun (Normal Sun)
Zero Length
Nadir Phase (Makes it so the moon is always "down")
(!) Moon (Normal Moon)
(!) Stars (Normal Stars)
(!) Weather Type (No Weather)
Sky Color
Red Color
Clear Modifiers

See if that comes out how you are wanting. It should.

If you weren't aware, Mystcraft writing is done with the modifier prior to what's being modified.
The ones that I have put a (!) are required in every Mystcraft age book.
The clear modifiers should (but not always) prevent any extras from being added. I add it to every Mystcraft age I write, and have had 2 out of 36 come out wrong before I did a server reset.

Last edited:
Reactions: legionite626

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
It should look more like this:

Garden biome, single biome distribution

Stone block, no seas, flat world -- Stone block for ground, and water block for sea will make the world more like what you expect. The water block is pointless in a flat world, at least, as long as it's above the water line -- then you might want "no seas" so you have ground instead of solid water.

Zero Length, Zenith Phase (Makes it so the sun is always "up"), Normal Sun -- this section is right

Zero Length, Nadir Phase (Makes it so the moon is always "down"), Normal Moon -- this section is right

(!) Stars (Normal Stars) -- Not relevant. If you do not specify a star layer, mystcraft will add whatever it wants -- but with a constant sun you will never see any.

No Weather -- correct

Red color, sky color

But we also have these requests:
No caves, normal light,

which was not addressed.

Normal lighting
... and now we run into the first problem. There needs to be a terrain alteration specified. What you select will depends on what you want.

Something I just thought of, and do not know for certain it will work, but it should:
glass block, garden biome, floating islands

That should give you glass blocks floating in the air, which won't do anything except block rain, but you have none.

Sky Color
Red Color
Clear Modifiers

This is bad. This is ... BAD. See below.

Now, the last thing to address is populators. You do not have any populators specified. Something like "Villages" will normally have no effect (unless you have a mod that puts villages in all biomes).

The ones that I have put a (!) are required in every Mystcraft age book.
The clear modifiers should (but not always) prevent any extras from being added. I add it to every Mystcraft age I write, and have had 2 out of 36 come out wrong before I did a server reset.

Ok, your information is way out of date.

No pages/symbols are required anymore. You can write a world with nothing more than a link panel. Everything will be selected randomly.

Now, if you have things being selected randomly, you might get something that adds instability. ** For any version before 0.11.1 which was just released, symbol rarity was fundamentally broken. This means that if you had a modpack with large amounts of mod liquids, then even if they were all rare, you were likely to see a mod liquid in lakes or oceans, which would give you (massive for oceans) instability. **

For the clear modifiers, you have to go back to before the modern grammar system. Then, it was needed. Today, ... lets look at this.

Sky Color
Red Color
Clear Modifiers

So you specify "Sky Color", with no color in front of it. So a random color will be generated, and used.

Next, you have a "Red Color", which will want to be used by something. So, the grammar will generate something that takes a color.

Finally, you have "Clear Modifiers". The grammar ignores this (the leftover red color had something generated). At "run time", for lack of a better name, there are no leftover modifiers. So, this has no effect -- at the end of the book.

But some people actually put this into the middle of a book -- and suddenly, the grammar and the final run-time can differ. What you write and what you get can have a mismatch.

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
... yea, that page is ... too complicated, now that I take a look at it.

The writing desk, and notebooks, have been changed significantly for 0.11.1.
Clear modifiers is "safe but mostly useless" at the end of a book (or, it should be useless unless there's a bug in processing the book), but can make a mess of things in the middle of the book.