Mystcraft -Dense Ores

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Cisco78

Jul 29, 2019
Well, after 163 ages, I finally discovered dense ores. And it's absolutely glorious! I've had to create a few mining worlds due to the constant stability issues, but they've been a blast to mine in. It kinda makes sense with such great generation of ores.

Has anyone been successful in creating a dense ore age that last longer than usual? Mind sharing? =)

Codex

Jul 29, 2019
One dense ore symbol with about 4 charged symbols worked pretty well for my server. I don't know if the admin did anything special though.

ItharianEngineering

Jul 29, 2019
I usually add in some charges and a few meteors. Managed to make one with no decay but the meteors are still ripping it apart, which isn't too bad for a cave world

BoneDisturbed

Jul 29, 2019
I tend to be quite unlucky when it concerns Mystcraft, for one, i had to go through 188 ages to get Crystals and 276 ages to get Dense Ores, i would love to hear any theories concerning Mystcraft

RedstoneDE

Jul 29, 2019
I discovered dense ores after 29 ages:) Just tested some ages for Void or Crystals & Glowstone:D

jnads

Jul 29, 2019
Dense Ores is broken for me on Mindcrack (added it from DW20).

Every time I add the symbol, it gets removed from the book for some strange reason.

Anyone encounter this?

Discord

Jul 29, 2019
I made one with several explosions, three dense ores, charged, flat, mushroom biome. Got a random addition of meteor strikes, which means eventually the world would get scoured to bedrock, but overall it is very slow. I got thousands of everything I could want, using a high powered Lappack and a mining laser pointed up.

"It's Raining Diamonds!"

RedstoneDE

Jul 29, 2019
Dense Ores is broken for me on Mindcrack (added it from DW20).

Every time I add the symbol, it gets removed from the book for some strange reason.

Anyone encounter this?

I also added it from DW20 but it works.
Maybe you have to reinstall Mystcraft with the newest mod version. but don't play minecraft while the mod isn't in the Mindcrack Modpack... because your books could be deleted -.- ;D[DOUBLEPOST=1360288509][/DOUBLEPOST]
I made one with several explosions, three dense ores, charged, flat, mushroom biome. Got a random addition of meteor strikes, which means eventually the world would get scoured to bedrock, but overall it is very slow. I got thousands of everything I could want, using a high powered Lappack and a mining laser pointed up.

"It's Raining Diamonds!"
Does that cause lags?

SpitefulFox

Jul 29, 2019
Server I played on had double dense ores, some sort of surface debuff, and Explosions. The explosions actually weren't all that bad if you were mining in person. Turtles usually weren't so lucky, though.