Mystcraft: Corruption/Meteor free Dense Ore world?

Avous-

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone been able to successfully make a Mystcraft Dense Ore world that's quarry compatible? I'm currently working on my Fusion Reactor which calls for about a stack of Iridium Plates.

So if anyone has a set up that works I'd really like to hear it.

lazaruz76

Jul 29, 2019
To my knowledge it is not possible to make a mining age with Dense Ores page without some world corruption of the age by default. The only way I know to do this is to disable Age Corruption in the Mystcraft config file. As I understand it from the Mystcraft Wiki Dense Ores page automatically adds some corruption to the age when used. After looking at the config itself I know that there is an entry to enable/disable all corruption and a section below that where you can enable/disable each individual form of corruption that Mystcraft uses. I have not done any testing myself on how changing the config after age generation will affect the game and/or age but my suggestion is to disable either all corruption or the individual corruptions (lightning, meteors, etc...) BEFORE making your mining age (or any age) if this is what you choose to do. Or you can leave the config alone and make an age with normal ore generation, or make one with dense ores and just live with the corruption the game gives you.

If you choose to leave the config alone the you might try making the age and if you have a relatively minor corruption you should be fine. If you get meteores then I would try again with a new age. If you get a charged age (constant, random lightning strikes) the I would suggest setting you quarry up about 10 block underground. That should protect it from the lightning and the Quarry will automatically clear the space it needs for the quarry frame much like the filler does but slower. The frame itself is I think 5 blocks tall so that would give you about 5 layers between you and the lightning. You will just need to clear out the space you need for your land marks if you are useing them, and space for your power source and item transport system of your choice. I can't say for certain the quarry will be protected as I have done zero testing on this but I think it will work.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
like laza mentioned, dense ore automatically equals instability and is meant that way to balance the dense ore ages.
if you build your age well, with all the required symbols, you might get lucky and get some really small instability symbols.
that are symbols like slowness or mining fatigue, but if you get things like random explosion, meteors, nausea or the decay blocks, I'd abandon the age right away.

Auchioane

Jul 29, 2019
I managed to make a stable dense ore age by purposefully adding in instability and a bit of luck. If you add into your age charged and scorched earth you can greatly reduce the chance of getting meteors, spontaneous explosions and decay. Just make sure you have all the required symbols + those two instabilities.

Reactions: brujon

brujon

Jul 29, 2019
I managed to make a stable dense ore age by purposefully adding in instability and a bit of luck. If you add into your age charged and scorched earth you can greatly reduce the chance of getting meteors, spontaneous explosions and decay. Just make sure you have all the required symbols + those two instabilities.

It's like what Auchioane here said in the quote. You have to balance out the Dense Ores symbol with other symbols that compensate the instability added by it. Currently, you can add a bunch of Charged/Scorched Earth symbol and 3 of them are, most of the time, enough to compensate 1 Dense Ores symbol... Most of the time, anyway. Meteors are annoying, but relatively easy to protect against.

Your best bet for mining in a Dense Ores age is building a frame bore, setting it, chunk loading it, and forgetting about it. Just let it run, for however long that world lasts with the instability. You can protect it against meteors with Reinforced Stone, Warded Stone Blocks, or MFFS, and the odds of it beings stricken directly are quite low. If for some reason it gets destroyed, well, such is the price of greed. Alternatively, you can just keep creating new Dense Ores ages, stacking as much Dense Ores symbols as possible, and quickly setting up a ton of quarries running off of a lot of power so they finish quick, retrieve them when they're done, and create a new age. Rinse and repeat. Turtles are great, too, because you can't be too mad about losing them.

HappyGam3rs

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone been able to successfully make a Mystcraft Dense Ore world that's quarry compatible? I'm currently working on my Fusion Reactor which calls for about a stack of Iridium Plates.

So if anyone has a set up that works I'd really like to hear it.

You can disable all the instabilities in a mystcraft age in the mystcraft config file by setting instabilities from true to false and i have a instability-free mystcraft dense ores age!
Hope this helped well for you!

SpitefulFox

Jul 29, 2019
I have yet to get a Dense Ores age that wasn't quarry-safe. The trick is to stack on the negative symbols like Charged and Scorching in order to balance out the Dense Ores.

draeath

Jul 29, 2019
You may be better served springing miners around instead of a quarry - the faster you can pull ore the better.

Failing that, keep your quarries small and run several of them in a gang. You want speed more than you want breadth, because you may be fighting the clock (corruption etc that you just haven't seen yet)