Mystcraft Ages Question

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Beleriond01

Jul 29, 2019
Hi Fellow FTB'ers,

Last night I explored a couple of Mystcraft Ages looking for more pages and TC dungeons/temples/altars/whateferyoucallthem.

In my console I could see that, as usual, some leaking worlds were detected though admittedly I could still play on. Now, I know this has been answered already in a thread somewhere but I've been unable to locate said thread. If I'd want to remove the Mystcraft Ages I created from my world save completely, how do I know which ones I can safely remove?

IIRC, Mystcraft Ages are labelled DIM_MYST(#) or something but obviously, I'd not want to remove The Nether, The End, or the Twilight Forest worlds I generated (pretty happy with those overall lol).

My main aim is to keep the world size under control and remove excess ages I don't intend to visit anymore anyways.

Thanks for any info and assistance,
Bel*.

ivymichael

Jul 29, 2019
Just delete DIM_MIST# that you don`t want
And keep "region" "DIM1" "DIM-1" "DIM7" ,so your overworld ,nether,end,TF maps will be safe.[DOUBLEPOST=1364284776][/DOUBLEPOST]besides,you can use MCEdit to edit your overworld map to control your world size.
the chunk that just walking by when you are exploring the world should obviously be deleted.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
If I'd want to remove the Mystcraft Ages I created from my world save completely, how do I know which ones I can safely remove?
What I did was to go to a world I wanted to keep, quit out, load up the PlayerName.dat file in NBTExplorer and check the value of "Dimension". When I'd made a note of all the valuable values, I deleted all the others.