Mystcraft Ages and Linkbooks

Эрик

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone found a way to make all linkbooks to an age "invalid" or "broken"?

I.e., I would like to create some 'disposable' ages, but I can't allow people to make linkbooks to them, because if I do, then even though I might delete the descriptive book to that age and all the age's data, if someone has a linkbook to the age and uses it, then the entire age gets re-created.

However, I don't want to disable ALL linkbooks or the creation of linkbooks. I simply want to make any linkbooks to a deleted age null and void. Basically, if the descriptive book is deleted and the age folder has been deleted, it shouldn't recreate itself.

Ideas?

Netherus

Jul 29, 2019
When I delete an age and use a linking book to that age it crashes my client saying no such age exists so it won't recreate it
At least that's what's happens on my end

Holland says hi!

_momomo

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone found a way to make all linkbooks to an age "invalid" or "broken"?

I.e., I would like to create some 'disposable' ages, but I can't allow people to make linkbooks to them, because if I do, then even though I might delete the descriptive book to that age and all the age's data, if someone has a linkbook to the age and uses it, then the entire age gets re-created.

However, I don't want to disable ALL linkbooks or the creation of linkbooks. I simply want to make any linkbooks to a deleted age null and void. Basically, if the descriptive book is deleted and the age folder has been deleted, it shouldn't recreate itself.

Ideas?

disable link book crafting only in that age. Hand out link books to that age on your own, write down the names, collect them when you delete the age. Or dont hand out any link books to that age at all and open a portal at the spawn

Эрик

Jul 29, 2019
disable link book crafting only in that age. Hand out link books to that age on your own, write down the names, collect them when you delete the age. Or dont hand out any link books to that age at all and open a portal at the spawn

hm...I can make that work I guess. Although, by disabling link book crafting only in that age, do you mean by using an external plugin?

I can set up a permissions system so that the players that I put in a certain group get access to the 'disposable age', by giving them access to the ;/tpx [DIMID] command for only that age, and then whenever I want them to no longer have access, just set them back to the normal group.

_momomo

Jul 29, 2019
yes there are several different plugins that disable crafting of items in specific worlds.

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure which version of mystcraft you are describing here.

If you are using 0.10.5 (1.5.2), then you create "unlinked link books" anywhere (like blank maps), and take them into the world where you want them, and activate them -- I think this will fail with what you are describing.

You could actually change the world to be a void world. Replace the agedata file that describes the world you want to remove with one that describes a void. Delete all chunks. If anyone tries to go to this world, they will fall to nothing, die, and re-appear at the spawn.

Empty inventory, no way out, and a "/say help me please somebody any op!"

They'll learn. And if they keep this up, you'll learn who.