Mystcraft age with debuffs even with good grammar and no exploits

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Maxiride

Jul 29, 2019
I've tried following the Writing a world steps and I got a damn tons of debuffs xD Even if Island World has "No Seas" incorporated I had a sea of lava falling in the void. Even following al the steps and grammatical rules I didn't manage to get a stable age.

Here is the pages I used and their order if someone can help me:

Code:
Island world [World Landscapes]

Mushroom Island biome [Modifiers, Biomes]
Single biome distribution [Biomes Distribution]

Caves [Terrain Alterations]
Star fissure [Populators]

Half Lenght [Modifiers, Basic]
Nadir Phase [Modifiers, Basic]
North Direction [Modifiers, Basic]
Normal Moon [Celestials]
Normal Moon [Celestials]
Normal Sun [Celestials]
Twinkling Stars [Celestials]

Normal Lighting [Lighting]
Normal Weather [Weather]

Boundless Sky [Visuals]
Natural Sky Color [Visuals]
Natural Foliage color [Visuals]
Natural Grass color [Visuals]
Natural Cloud color [Visuals]
Natural Water color [Visuals]
Natural Fog color [Visuals]

MacAisling

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2013
Kearneysville, West Virginia
Last time I used Mystcraft, you really had to spam the populators (6-9) to stop it from adding extra randoms. Also, packs with dense ores or a generous ore gen, like the dw20 for 1.7.10 pack, may trigger instability regardless.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Which pack are you running? I believe Mystcraft now computes instability based on actual blocks generated rather than just grammar. A source block of lava has a price. A sea of it (requested or not) more so. I know packs like DW20 affect ore generation. By doing so, they unwittingly add instability to most Mystcraft ages. I know this is a known issue, but I'm unsure if it has been addressed somehow.

As always with Mystcraft, adding specifics will reduce the random factor, and in return help stabilize things. I've found deep lakes of water help on everything but mining ages - if you aren't planning on being that deep its no problem, and if you are at least its easy to clean up. Also, in void ages they don't generate, but the proper grammar still reduces the chance of random and potentially unwanted things.

Edit: Yeah, what he said.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Glad you solved it. The guys over on the Mystcraft forums are a helpful lot. A ton of good info, if you're so inclined to seek it out.

Reactions: Maxiride

zemerick

Jul 29, 2019
Which pack are you running? I believe Mystcraft now computes instability based on actual blocks generated rather than just grammar. A source block of lava has a price. A sea of it (requested or not) more so. I know packs like DW20 affect ore generation. By doing so, they unwittingly add instability to most Mystcraft ages. I know this is a known issue, but I'm unsure if it has been addressed somehow....

It is indeed fixed. Mystcraft now generates a virtual world, and uses that as the baseline value.

Reactions: Inaeo