Mystcraft 1.6.4 : can't manage to create a good world

thib92210

Jul 29, 2019
Hello everyone, I am playing the DW 1.6.4 pack and I can't manage to put Mystcraft to work (I mean I can't use it :p )

Here is my problem : I want to make an infinite ocean with eternal day with a 2nd sun going normally, and no weather.

Here is what I've done :

Single Biome
Ocean Biome
Normal Sun
Normal Lighting
Water Block
Standard Terrain
Zenith
Normal Sun
Normal Moon
Gradient
Clouds Color
Natural Sky Color
Sky Color
No Weather

I get what I want, expect that some of the mobs have hunger (not all of them) and that I get like huge islands made out of netherrack and Quartz Ore...

Some help would be highly appreciated.
Thanks,
- Thib92

Algester

Jul 29, 2019
you forgot dark moon plus your syntax is bad
Single Biome
Ocean Biome
Water
Zenith
Normal Sun
Dark Moon
somewhere in these lines should give you that world you want

remember its IMPORTANT the page order is in the right order hence syntax

thib92210

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks, but I spawn in absolutely not a ocean :
It is considered as an ocean biome but I get into a kind of snowy plain, and that's it...

Bagman817

Jul 29, 2019
Biome is first, then Single Biome: You want a single biome. What kind of biome? Ocean. Therefore Ocean biome is the 'adjective' for Single Biome, and goes first.

Ocean Biome
Single Biome
Zero Length
Zenith
Normal Sun
Normal Stars
Normal Moon
No Weather
Normal Lighting

Is what I used to create a stable lava world with eternal day and no weather. You'll need to add water to the list (as you deduced), but honestly not entirely sure where, or if there's an additional page to guarantee its placement.

thib92210

Jul 29, 2019
How did this create a lava world ? Shouldn't it make an infinite ocean then ?

However I prefer Mystcraft 0.9 or before...

Bagman817

Jul 29, 2019
Because I didn't specify what the ocean should be filled with, it chose a fluid for me. I'm guessing water and lava are heavily weighted, but I believe it's possible it might have been oil, sludge or something else. To be honest, I'm only a journeyman Age designer, I typically just use the recipe I listed above with "Plains" or "Extreme Hills" or something for somewhere to plunk my quarries. I saw your thread and tried Ocean biome out of curiosity, and that's what I ended up with.

The important bit is you can tinker with that (or probably just spam it) and you should end up with what you're looking for, without the instability, now that the 'grammar' is cleaned up.

Dee_Twenty

Jul 29, 2019
There was something I read about someone having pools of TiC metals.

The Yogscast have gotten a dimension or two with oceans of molten T-Con metals in their Moonquest series, such worlds tend to be highly unstable though, if I'm not mistaken.

Bagman817

Jul 29, 2019
Biome is first, then Single Biome: You want a single biome. What kind of biome? Ocean. Therefore Ocean biome is the 'adjective' for Single Biome, and goes first.

Ocean Biome
Single Biome
Zero Length
Zenith
Normal Sun
Normal Stars
Normal Moon
No Weather
Normal Lighting

Is what I used to create a stable lava world with eternal day and no weather. You'll need to add water to the list (as you deduced), but honestly not entirely sure where, or if there's an additional page to guarantee its placement.

Finally got around to testing it, proper grammar is:
Ocean Biome
Oil Block
Single Biome
Zero Length
Zenith
Normal Sun
Normal Stars
Normal Moon
No Weather
Normal Lighting

Oil Block is an additional modifier to Single Biome, which makes sense had I thought it over. Anyway, I know this is days late, but hopefully it helps.