Myrtle Ebony growth

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Chance

Jul 29, 2019
I was wondering how you grow this tree. I currently have four saplings, tried it by itself, tried it in a two by two with no luck. There is currently no information about tree breeding in the wiki, also I have no idea how to make a tree analyzer due to issues with NEI. Also the wiki has not recipe either. I was wondering if you guys could lay some knowledge on me! Thank you

Icarus White

Jul 29, 2019
I think the NEI problem was fixed in a newer version that hasn't been pushed to the packs yet.
As for the saplings, you'll need to know that there's a particular sapling you have to bonemeal - I can't remember which one, though. Sorry!

ItharianEngineering

Jul 29, 2019
Well are you sure it is a 2x2 tree? The default myrtle ebony sapling from the creative mode is a 3x3. So that might be your problem.

Chance

Jul 29, 2019
No I wasn't sure, it's a pity there is not more information out about tree breeding.

Salvatos

Jul 29, 2019
Yah, knowledge for this stuff is pretty sparse atm, had been looking myself.

But, regarding your question, sadly you do need 9 saplings in order to grow the Myrtle Ebony tree. Which was a little of a pain trying to get 9 of them before I could finally grow the tree. Makes me wonder how it works when u have saplings with different stats, trying to make up the 9 saplings. Once you get those 1st 9 though, it gets a lot easier.

RetroGamer1224

Jul 29, 2019
Also remember, as it might be true with 3x3, that the north west sapling cannot have any block near it except air.

slay_mithos

Jul 29, 2019
Just for information, NEI has nothing to do with the "special" recipes anymore.

The NEI plugins are now a separate mod, by a separate person.

Last I checked, it was not updated for Forestry 2.X, so we are left with only Forestry's wiki.

TheBestGuy

Jul 29, 2019
I was testing it and i know how to plant the tree first 3x3 doesn't matter if its by a cliff or anything like that next use bonemeal on middle sapling the Tree itself isn't exactly 3x3 but that doesn't mean you won't get a crap ton of wood from it

Phantom27

Jul 29, 2019
Welcome to the forums young necromancer.

Necromancy is a delicate and subtle art. One must exercise it with caution.