My world is gone.

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.

porfiriato

Jun 9, 2020
Hi,
I just opened the FTB desktop app but when I went to "my modpacks" the modpack that I regularly play (FTB Infinity Evolved 1.7) wasn't there anymore. I downloaded the FTB Infinity Evolved modpack again but when I launched it my world that I had been playing on was gone. I don't think I ever deleted the modpack so I don't know why the modpack and my world are gone. Has this happened to anyone else? Is there any way that I can get my old world back?

Thanks in advance.

grosom420

Jun 24, 2020
Hi,
I just opened the FTB desktop app but when I went to "my modpacks" the modpack that I regularly play (FTB Infinity Evolved 1.7) wasn't there anymore. I downloaded the FTB Infinity Evolved modpack again but when I launched it my world that I had been playing on was gone. I don't think I ever deleted the modpack so I don't know why the modpack and my world are gone. Has this happened to anyone else? Is there any way that I can get my old world back?

Thanks in advance.
im sure someone will be able to help you don't have a backup. or can you rollback your pc till before the issue occurred? sorry if this isn't helpful!

Raganui

Jul 29, 2019
Funny, I was playing earlier today. Come back to it later, app updates and FTB Academy pack is gone for me. Redownload and world is gone. Makes me wonder what is going on there.

another_seb

Jun 26, 2020
Hey there, same problem here, i lost my Revelation Modpack for the 2nd time. Running FTB on a Mac, the FTB.app file shows it has been changed this night at a time when the App wasn't even running. Manually backed up my Saves since the first Crash and trying to restore it now....

Update:
Possibly the same issue here: https://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/ftb-app-deleted-my-instances-folder-on-launch.302713/ Could be resolved with a Time Machine Backup

Restoring the world via manual backups seems to work for me. After every game session i opened the .app, navigated to the saves folder and copied the world saves to a backup directory.

Last edited:

neb4299

Jun 26, 2020
Same thing happened to me today; the app updated, and my instance of FTB Academy suddenly vanished.

Don't know about you, but for me it kept resetting the instances folder in the settings to a folder in my C:/ drive, despite that not being where I had installed FTBApp. Unfortunately, there's currently a bug that prevents switching the instances folder, so I had to copy the contents of my old instances folder to the new one. But once I did that and rebooted the app, my old instance (and the world in it) showed up like nothing broke in the first place!

Definitely not the most elegant fix, but it's a simple one. I hope this helps.

ChessCitten

Jun 26, 2020
Same thing happened to me today; the app updated, and my instance of FTB Academy suddenly vanished.

Don't know about you, but for me it kept resetting the instances folder in the settings to a folder in my C:/ drive, despite that not being where I had installed FTBApp. Unfortunately, there's currently a bug that prevents switching the instances folder, so I had to copy the contents of my old instances folder to the new one. But once I did that and rebooted the app, my old instance (and the world in it) showed up like nothing broke in the first place!

Definitely not the most elegant fix, but it's a simple one. I hope this helps.

Same happened to me. The game have created a new folder at C:\Users\Jon.DESKTOP-USTA251\.ftba\instances\

I cant change instance location either. Copy paste it all made me get a error message when trying to start the mod. So I copied individual maps i thought was important and now it works and I have yet to find anything missing.

JRSofty

Nov 10, 2019
Well this is rather unacceptable to be honest. When the launcher updates I do not expect to reconfigure and move things around. There's a reason I don't want my instances stored under my user name, but here I'm forced to. Looks like I'll be playing vanilla until they figure out how to fix this problem.