My super simple super useful MCEdit filter

Francis Baster

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys, just thought I'd share a MCEdit filter I just made which you may find useful. It enables you to type in a x, y, z coordinate to MCEdit and delete the block at that location. This is great if you read a crash report, get the tile entity being ticked, and then want to quickly remove it.

As you can see the code is really simple. Just drop into your MCEdit filter folder and you are good to go. Make a selection (ctrl-a), click filter from the menu bar, select the deleteblock filter, enter the coordinate and click filter. Save the map and your crash inducing block is history.

To save time I recommend unchecking the "record undo" checkbox beforehand.

For those worried about how difficult it will be to download and upload your entire map for offline editing on your home PC, this is no biggie at all. Just find the region file you need to edit and deal with this one file. To convert from block to region coordinates divide by 512 and round down (negative numbers get more negative).

http://ftb.flamefeed.net/files/deleteblock.py

Last edited:
Reactions: Connor Gavitt

JST

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys, just thought I'd share a MCEdit filter I just made which you may find useful. It enables you to type in a x, y, z coordinate to MCEdit and delete the block at that location. This is great if you read a crash report, get the tile entity being ticked, and then want to quickly remove it.

As you can see the code is really simple. Just drop into your MCEdit filter folder and you are good to go. Make a selection (ctrl-a), click filter from the menu bar, select the deleteblock filter, enter the coordinate and click filter. Save the map and your crash inducing block is history.

To save time I recommend unchecking the "record undo" checkbox beforehand.

For those worried about how difficult it will be to download and upload your entire map for offline editing on your home PC, this is no biggie at all. Just find the region file you need to edit and deal with this one file. To convert from block to region coordinates divide by 512 and round down (negative numbers get more negative).

http://ftb.flamefeed.net/files/deleteblock.py
Yo it would be SUPER helpful if you could make a biome filter for Plenty O Biomes! Ya know, just like sethblings' setbiome filter but with all the mod biomes in it? PLEASE?