My launcher is not working!

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

EvilSquid33

Jul 29, 2019
Windows 8 64 bit
Java 7 64 bit(i think)
Launcher version(not available because of my problem)
PC RAM is 8 gigs
Allocated 1.5 gigs
Have not used trouble shooting

So last night i downloaded feed the beast. i did all the stuff clicked the unleashed pack and clicked launch. it downloaded. then a pop said there was an error with JavaVirtualMachine. later i found out that i had 32 bit java so i upgraded. after that i assumed that i fixed it. i double clicked the launcher and the little loading icon appeared next to the mouse/cursor for a literal second and nothing happened. i tried my regular minecraft and the same thing happened. ive tried deleting and reinstalling but nothing happens. I'm assuming its a java problem or something. if anyone has any info on how to fix this or feedback i'd REALLY REALLY appreciate it.[DOUBLEPOST=1391650541][/DOUBLEPOST]ive not used trouble shooting because of the launcher problem[DOUBLEPOST=1391650580][/DOUBLEPOST]i have also only had ftb for a night so please dont hate on me for not knowing something.

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
Please post your console log to pastebin and link it here. This will aid us in diagnosing what is going on.

In the options in the FTB launcher, there is an option to re-open the launcher when Minecraft closes; check this. Then in the console there should be a "post to pastebin" button. Post the resulting pastebin link here.

EvilSquid33

Jul 29, 2019
I think there is a problem with my Java because my regular minecraft does not launch either[DOUBLEPOST=1391700806][/DOUBLEPOST]also i dont know what a pastebin is because i am very new to ftb

EvilSquid33

Jul 29, 2019
In the description i said i had 32 bit java and updated to 64 bit and thats when the launcher stopped opening if anyone can confirm this as the problem or give my feedback on how to fix it that would be great. Please answer it will help me. All i wanted was to play ftb and when i got it, it didnt work right off the bat :( so yeah like i said in the description of the problem. help is VERY appreciated

EvilSquid33

Jul 29, 2019
Also if anyone is not understanding my problem in a nutshell it is that when i double click my launcher on my desktop a loading icon comes up next to my mouse for a second then it stops and nothing happened so my launcher just doesnt open when i click it

EvilSquid33

Jul 29, 2019
The trouble shooting guide said my install directory is in my launcher options. I cant open my launcher

EvilSquid33

Jul 29, 2019
I am also sorry if i am not cooperating to your standards. I really appreciate you trying to help me :), i just really want to play this. I even upgraded my ram for this and that wasnt that cheap but i seriously appreciate you trying to help me UniZero

UniZero

Popular Member
Oct 3, 2012
Scotland, UK
If you have not created a world then don't bother about the backup step but you will need to delete everything though as per the instructions. Where did you install the ftb launcher to?

EvilSquid33

Jul 29, 2019
My desktop. I have not created a world it, didnt even start yet so i couldnt[DOUBLEPOST=1391725294][/DOUBLEPOST]Thank you for telling me