my idea for hiding a base in ftb relavations

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
T

tardigrade

first, travel 5000 blocks from the spawn into an ocean and go to the very bottom. second, place a portal to the deep dark in there and go to the deep dark. step 3, travel another 5000 blocks in there by using 2 interdiction torches to avoid dying , what you need to do is place both torches a way from each other then pick one back up and place it in front of the other to avoid making a trail to your home. step 4, make a compact machine and hide it with ghost blocks. step 5, remove the interdiction torch and quickly go inside the machine. now you are in possibly the most secret base in minecraft.

C

Closet Gamer

first, travel 5000 blocks from the spawn into an ocean and go to the very bottom. second, place a portal to the deep dark in there and go to the deep dark. step 3, travel another 5000 blocks in there by using 2 interdiction torches to avoid dying , what you need to do is place both torches a way from each other then pick one back up and place it in front of the other to avoid making a trail to your home. step 4, make a compact machine and hide it with ghost blocks. step 5, remove the interdiction torch and quickly go inside the machine. now you are in possibly the most secret base in minecraft.
/tp Closet_Gamer tardigrade

Oh hi! .. Can interest you in some double glazing?

------------------------
My Age of Engineering Series: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLUZaEaeCvlj6ChY3jks-N8rW74_3qEtmD

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
victory.png

I win, forever ;)

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
This is why I only play multiplayer with people I actually know in real life. In fact, most of them, I've actually known since preschool or first grade.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, griefing a friend is somewhat ok, as long as everyone is ok with that sort of thing. Filling a friend's house with chickens, for instance, is funny the first time. Being able to punch your friend in the face if it goes too far usually keeps things from going too far.

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
We're all on the same page on griefing. None of us are into it.

Well, no, one of us has that sort of troll mentality, but we keep him around anyway, lol. The best determent we've had for him, though, is that he knows he's the only one that thinks it's funny, which takes away any kind of "showing off" motivations. He doesn't do any harm. All our permissions are all still wide open for everyone and everyone just respects each other's boundaries.

It's weird. So unlike real life :p

Reactions: Hambeau

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
I haven't played on a server in aaaaages, but when I did, I found the combination of block protection plugins and ingenious traps were enough to keep all but the most determined of fuckwits at bay.

The main issue I would have is that my mine workings are typically...extensive, and usually ended up under other people's houses. It's hard to get ahead when some greedy bastid has mined out all the diamonds within ~500 blocks of spawn :3

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
We *used* to all try to work together like one big community. But that was hilariously impossible.

What we did was make each person the King or Queen of a cardinal direction. We all sort of started out at a centralized location, and each moved out in our direction to pick a spot to settle. Once settled, you own everything to that direction. You mine in the direction. You explore in that direction. Everything. The further out you go, the more relaxed these borders are.

This only works for a small number of people (there happens to be 4 of us, but you can split it up differently and still get the same idea) and only when everyone joins when the server is launched, but I have to tell ya, this basically eliminates any disputes. And we're still all close enough that we feel like we're playing together.

Reactions: ICountFrom0

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Yea, griefing is no good. Pranks, assuming they are in good taste, are one thing. A prank between friends can be nice, especially if that prank involves leaving something of value behind. For example, setting up an RFTools forcefield to lock him out of his front door and make him go around to the back, but then you get to keep the Forcefield Projector and all the forcefield blocks. I remember once DW20 got pranked with Cicadas from the Twilight Forest mod placed all over the place. That might not have been so bad except they were *extensively* placed in all kinds of obscure areas, and took DW20 several hours to find and remove them. That was a prank that was a little too far, because it kept him from making videos until he cleared them because you couldn't hear him over the cicadas, and he makes a lot of his money from making said videos, so you're really hitting him in the pocketbook with that, which is uncool.

But griefing? Setting off explosions in someone else's base, stealing their stuff, that kind of thing? Most uncool. The best solution to that is the ban bat. Much more effective than simply making your base obscure.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
...until word gets out that the world is going to be reset.

At which point it's more like "huh? Where did my house go? And what is this meganuke doing he----"

Renton Terrace

Jul 29, 2019
Yea, griefing is no good. Pranks, assuming they are in good taste, are one thing. A prank between friends can be nice, especially if that prank involves leaving something of value behind.
would you say a huge number of chickens would be valuable enough for having to take the trouble to clean your base of a huge number of chickens?

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
See, a friend on the server I play on was hunting for Astral Sorcery's Rock Crystals and ended up lurking quite close to my base; because she was worried about having taken rock crystals that I might have wanted, she left behind all the diamond and other valuable ores she found (filling up one of my corridors with them :p) alongside a sign saying "Jenny woz ere 2k18". I think that's the right balance of prank and value.

C

Closet Gamer

We *used* to all try to work together like one big community. But that was hilariously impossible.

What we did was make each person the King or Queen of a cardinal direction. We all sort of started out at a centralized location, and each moved out in our direction to pick a spot to settle. Once settled, you own everything to that direction. You mine in the direction. You explore in that direction. Everything. The further out you go, the more relaxed these borders are.

This only works for a small number of people (there happens to be 4 of us, but you can split it up differently and still get the same idea) and only when everyone joins when the server is launched, but I have to tell ya, this basically eliminates any disputes. And we're still all close enough that we feel like we're playing together.
I love this! I'll only play if I can be king of the north. Mainly so I can shout it quite loudly whenever someone encroaches on my territories.

------------------------
My Age of Engineering Series: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLUZaEaeCvlj6ChY3jks-N8rW74_3qEtmD

Reactions: Drbretto

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
That's all I wanted when we came up with the idea! To be King in the North!

Then I was immediately relegated to warden of the south, lol

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
I think this video belongs in this thread. I almost posted it the other day, then decided it didn't exactly fit... but seeing all the replies, I think it's now worth posting for people to see. It's not a great way to hide your base (because as he says, it would be easy for other players to "grief" you) but it's still an interesting concept to put yourself in your own pocket. LOL